• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My long awaited build thread...

Ok--so the rear end is now all done except for mounting the new shocks--which joe will be bringing with him on saturday. But I cleaned it up and pained the last of the un-painted areas. I also contiplated how to mount the shocks. After alot of looking/measuring I ended up having to build a new crossbar and mount the shocks at an angle behind the diff. I origionally wanted them in front but there just wasn't enough room to mount them horizontaly and due to the track bar I could not mount them at an angle--so my only option was to do them how I did...

joe212.jpg

joe213.jpg

joe214.jpg

joe215.jpg

once again you have proved that you build some of the cleanest looking rigs about. ever think about just encasing one of the rigs you build:flipoff:

Better put some clamps on the frame end of the rear leaf springs or they'll do the bendy thing first time out. For some reason 42's are hard on stuff. :redneck:

I run hughjass traction arms front and rear and still break springs. But.....Anywho... if you need clamps, let me know. I spent some time on the iron worker and have a bunch. I'll bet you are a little more than excited it's almost done!

:011:

Hey Mike, I have a question. Are you building the Jeep for yourself and giving up on the Toyota? Or are you making sure at least one rig will work when you want to go wheeling?

And so now here is the front 100% completed...

joe216.jpg

And I finally got a chance to finish up the pins that retain the ram. This is the same method I used on mine about 5 years ago and it has worked flawless ever since then...

joe217.jpg

joe218.jpg

joe219.jpg

And the dash is also 100% wired up--winch control switch/fan control switch (manual over ride-off-sensor control) and both line locks.
I also installed a security switch but for security reasons I won't be showing that....

joe220.jpg

I had to do a little work here--- It was a little messed up..

joe221.jpg

Well since the origional battery joe brought up was toast--he grabbed a new one

joe222.jpg

Another problem that joe wanted corrected--was the rear wheel stud length.

joe223.jpg

As you can see they are pretty short with about 3/8" engagement on the lug nut.

So he grabbed some new ones and---its much better now

joe224.jpg

And here is the rear with new shocks..

joe225.jpg

Can you say a B LINE for the drivers seat ha ha ha.... Reminds me of a kid who just got there very first bike,lol

Here are a few shameless poser pics..

joe230.jpg

joe231.jpg

can you say HOT LAPS!!!!!!

joe232.jpg

All smiles

joe233.jpg

I heard from the trees of reiter there was some breakage on sacup??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

I heard from the trees of reiter there was some breakage on sacup??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:
Yes, Unfortunatly it looks as if I have some internal engine damage...:redneck: Damn thing I am gonna pull the pan tonight and see what happened in there:booo: