• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My (Randy's Rock Rods)build

Ok the reason I ask is because im also building a twin turbo 5.3 but I've went completely through my engine and I was planning on running mega squirt but if there is a way around the defuel on the stock computer I would b def stick with it

I think an aftermarket EFi is your only choice unless you stay pretty low on hp numebers I think under 600?? I'm not 100 percent sure though. From what Ive read it's the injector driver not being up to task. The rev limiter part is new to me I'll have to do some more research on that

Re: My (Randy's Rock Rods)build

Cracksrubi said:
I think an aftermarket EFi is your only choice unless you stay pretty low on hp numebers I think under 600?? I'm not 100 percent sure though. From what Ive read it's the injector driver not being up to task. The rev limiter part is new to me I'll have to do some more research on that

When the injectors are upgraded, the PCM should be able to handle it fine I'd think once tuned.

Cracksrubi said:
I think an aftermarket EFi is your only choice unless you stay pretty low on hp numebers I think under 600??

A good friend of mine here in town, owned this LS swapped mustang, with a 108mm turbo on it. 1,300 hp to the rear tires. I remember him telling me specifically, the computer was the only thing on it that was still a factory item.

Re: My (Randy's Rock Rods)build

TURNEROFFROAD said:
When the injectors are upgraded, the PCM should be able to handle it fine I'd think once tuned.

This is what I was told from my tuner. There are plenty guys with one and twin turbo setups on street cars up here with stock computers 5.3's and 6.0's. wouldnt sweat it

A lot of it is going to come down to if u run a wideband or narrowband also a closed or open loop look in to hptuners I think they prolly have the best system that's easy to work with on the stock computer

osbp7c.jpg