• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Official King Of Hammers (KOH) Thread

dear lord, please don't let anyone spray me , my rig , and ESP my kids like that. Takes a lot for me to snap, I am 100% positive that would have done it! Horse **** man. We all know he did not save that much time doing that ****, he knew what he was doing. That's so messed up man. Can you imagine being laying under that car working on it? And that happening? Shiiitttt

patooyee said:
Haha, nice pun. So you think they would take the W and give it to Miller for that?

No, I'd hope not. I was just talking crap. As usual.

I don't think Miller would want to be a two time king due to an infraction.

kushKrawlin said:
dear lord, please don't let anyone spray me , my rig , and ESP my kids like that. Takes a lot for me to snap, I am 100% positive that would have done it! Horse **** man. We all know he did not save that much time doing that ****, he knew what he was doing. That's so messed up man. Can you imagine being laying under that car working on it? And that happening? Shiiitttt

Speaking of...

At a local circle track about 8 years ago a guy was working on his car after a heat race altercation with another driver. When the other driver came in he ran into the other guys car while it was on jack stands in the pits. The driver was under the car and the other driver was charged with attempted murder. Gotta use your head sometimes...

matth_85 said:
No, I'd hope not. I was just talking crap. As usual.

I don't think Miller would want to be a two time king due to an infraction.

Please explain.

Well, from what I heard Shannon was PISSED. Supposedly his comments were "if Dave doesn't do something about this, I'll kick his ass on the podium" Now given the natural skewing of truth through 2nd hand stories, take it for what it is….

It was made clear in the drivers meeting about speeding in the pits. I'd definitely say that Randy's driving was worthy of a penalty. Dave set up a 15 mph speed limit for Pit 1 that was clearly marked. I'm not sure what pit he slung the dirt in but I'd assume the same rules apply to them all

patooyee said:
Please explain.

What do you want me to explain? It was an opinion... In my opinion I don't think he would want to be handed the win due to Randy being penalized, after it was all said and done. Then he wouldn't be the "real winner". Like I said, just an opinion. Because as we all know KOH isn't about the winnings... What do you win? 8K?? That's chump change to those guys after what they have invested in cars and trip...

But, by winning or placing a podium finish you uncover tons of sponsors and what not which is where the money comes in.

You indicated that Miller won once before in an infraction. I was wondering about the history of that.

patooyee said:
You indicated that Miller won once before in an infraction. I was wondering about the history of that.

No, I said he would be a two time king due to an infraction. His first win was un-contested.

IIRC in 2012 there was a 30 minute time penalty for drivers that took the left line around the gatekeeper at the bottom of Chocolate Thunder. One or more of the top finishers were penalized for that.

Miller more than likely came in hot to the finish like that because he had to keep a gap on Levi Shirley for adjusted time. Every second counted. In all fairness, Dave has to expect **** like that at the finish when you run a race based on that timing system. Especially when those racers see each other in the final pit and its a sprint to the finish. Crazy how a 215 mi race can have finishers separated by only a minute or two.

FWIW I thought Slawson's reaction to winning was complete BS. Just seemed like he didnt give a **** that he had just won KOH. Hell, Erik and Levi both looked like they were about to damn cry when they finished that ass kicking and got interviewed. Both of them were as humble as can be thanking their families, teams etc. Slawson kept looking over at his co-driver and seemed like he just wanted to GTFO that stage and collect his check and go home.

Stretch said:
IIRC in 2012 there was a 30 minute time penalty for drivers that took the left line around the gatekeeper at the bottom of Chocolate Thunder. One or more of the top finishers were penalized for that.

I don't recall that 100%. I think that Shannon Campbell got off course and had to turn around...

Miller more than likely came in hot to the finish like that because he had to keep a gap on Levi Shirley for adjusted time. Every second counted. In all fairness, Dave has to expect **** like that at the finish when you run a race based on that timing system. Especially when those racers see each other in the final pit and its a sprint to the finish. Crazy how a 215 mi race can have finishers separated by only a minute or two.

To me it's ignorant that the finish is that close to everything. Slow down at the checkers...be fawkin serious...

Agreed...For some reason, I remember in the early years of the race there was a "Hot" finish and a finish line separate. Clock stopped at the "Hot" finish. I could be totally wrong but it would at least be a decent idea with the competition level these days.

2-3rd pace was just like 25 sec. I think. I agree that Randy did not act very impressed with the win on livefeed, you could tell Miller had to work hard to get the finish he did talking about his burning hands for the PS pump change and the 2 miles at 5mph to get t the pit for hub service. IMO he is the best out there and also a role model for the young kids and the older childish ones

matth_85 said:
What do you want me to explain? It was an opinion... In my opinion I don't think he would want to be handed the win due to Randy being penalized, after it was all said and done. Then he wouldn't be the "real winner". Like I said, just an opinion. Because as we all know KOH isn't about the winnings... What do you win? 8K?? That's chump change to those guys after what they have invested in cars and trip...

But, by winning or placing a podium finish you uncover tons of sponsors and what not which is where the money comes in.
Slawson had a check for $25K in his hand at the award ceremony. That plus the contingency sponsors probably put his winnings close to $40K. He does come off as a jerk in his interviews. Haven't met him in person and don't care to. I'd say he's lucky his scrawny little ass didn't get pummeled after that move in the pits. Just no call for that kind of crap. According to Dave his tracker was checked and there was no speeding in the pits. As for the reckless driving...The review panel, which is made up of 4 people, didn't see it as wreckless to the point of deserving a penalty. Careless for sure.

patooyee said:
There seems to be a lot of people that know how to win KOH in this thread. I'm honored to be in the company of so much greatness.

Knowing what it takes to win is different than going out and doing it. I can tell you how to build a Bomber but it doesn't mean you're coming to the Hammers and being competitive.

https://www.facebook.com/BowerMedia Charlene has a video of Dave's/the CRB's reasoning behind the decision they made. 4:41 long, watch it.

drivermod said:
Slawson had a check for $25K in his hand at the award ceremony. That plus the contingency sponsors probably put his winnings close to $40K. He does come off as a jerk in his interviews. Haven't met him in person and don't care to. I'd say he's lucky his scrawny little ass didn't get pummeled after that move in the pits. Just no call for that kind of crap. According to Dave his tracker was checked and there was no speeding in the pits. As for the reckless driving...The review panel, which is made up of 4 people, didn't see it as wreckless to the point of deserving a penalty. Careless for sure.

Randy is an introvert and doesn't like being in front of the cameras.

Re:

TBItoy said:
Pretty sure a GPS tracker wouldn't show speeding during a u turn.... Or donuts... Or an epic burnout

:****:

Agreed. Two separate potential infractions. Best part was when Dave was addressing the issue just before awards were handed out. He announced that there would be no penalty. A few started to clap and he shut them down. Told them no clapping and that it was a **** move to do so. He obviously was not happy with the situation.

There is a formal method for OTHER RACERS to file a complaint. It is called the red card. Once that card is turned in, a formal review takes place. I have NOT heard there was in fact a red card thrown. If there was not, then there is no driver to driver formal grievance. Dave cannot look at that every whiney bitch runs up and tells him. They have a FORMAL system. Sounds like it worked.

Was it a safety issue, sure. Where there other safety issues that day, sure. Is he a douche, sure. Were there other douches out that day, sure.

There is a long thread on Pirate about this and also Jackhammer that I am following. Dave thinks enough of Pirate to make an appearance in both threads and tell his side, in his own time frame.