• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Paging Busted Knuckle Matt

Re: Re: Re: Re: Paging Busted Knuckle Matt

CHASMAN9 said:
Cole fimed me at Gray Rock in my Toyota, last I looked it had something like 47k views on Youtube. He didn't ask me, holy **** should I be offended that he made money off of filming me wheel without my consent? Same **** isn't it? You guys are really mad someone took a picture that someone posted on the internet and shared it...just doesn't seem significant to me. If that much significance was placed on it, why would you be posting pics of the **** online. I realize it was taken from facebook, but facebook is not really a private forum.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Who the hell wants to see you 47k times??????????? (insert Stevie Wonder emoji) :flipoff1: :rolf:

ADMINISTRATOR

Idk but I bet most of them know how to use the quote function! Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Some IG page shared my a pic of my Jeep and I got a devastating 1800 likes. So far all I got was a bunch of stock Xj owners and hoochies that want to be my friend. Still waiting on my check......

7e151297cc3ecdab8ac418441a1769bf.png

Matts a good dude. I know he is on vacation and if you talk to him face to face he will defend himself with the factsm. I dont have social media so i dont know what happened but before we burn him at the cross lwt him speak up.

The Luke said:
Some IG page shared my a pic of my Jeep and I got a devastating 1800 likes. So far all I got was a bunch of stock Xj owners and hoochies that want to be my friend. Still waiting on my check......

Id just like to beat a sweet ride like that off some trees in a river bottom... lol

Bronco72 said:
Few tack welds and some spray paint does wonders

I need to find some motivation to do a little tack welding and spray painting or I'm going to be riding the lawn chair at the last Dixie Run at GMP.

El Diablo said:
I need to find some motivation to do a little tack welding and spray painting or I'm going to be riding the lawn chair at the last Dixie Run at GMP.

I got a empty seat.. you know were ill be camping

El Diablo said:

Thread derail, where will the 2019 Dixie Run be held?

El Diablo said:

Me too if someone doesn't get to working on my junk......

Bronco72 you know anyone? :fish:

The Luke said:

At least you got credit, some guy used one of my build pics and claimed it. And nobody wants to be my friend.

Re: Re: Paging Busted Knuckle Matt

5BrothersFabrication said:
I'm holding judgement til I hear Matt's side, as I think everybody should.
It'll probably be along the line of what Jduck said. Just my guess. There was a thread a while back that was like this one.

My take on it is, yeah a pic on the web is a free pic to use, no water mark copy it use its not against the law but I thought the off-road world was a way better than the local news page looking for clicks especially coming from a nothing to what bk has become. If the pic is good enough to broadcast to all bk followers the builder should get credit (without asking). Like mentioned someone chose to save the pic then share it. And for the ding a ling's that think them pics don't make money why else would they get shared?? Every click is closer to a dollar. Even if one shirt is sold from 5k likes that's profit from a picture. When a one man(or a few buddies) shop turns out good work and all that get shared is a pic with no credit it has got to be a heart breaker. Hell I keep the booty fab thread on lock down to make sure my **** don't end up there. Lol.

And for the record I'm not bashing his business strategy is on point. I'm just waiting to see the official response like everyone else.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I hate to say it. But I'm agreeing with most everybody. He should have given credit. And I know how thoroughly he pays attention to the comments on everything cause he always posts up burning the tree huggers and "my uncle does it better" guys. So I'd say he's seen the comments asking him to give credit.

But I'd still like to hear his side of the story...

Wow, Not real sure how this became a thread. Most people know my name/number/email or knows how to PM me.

1) I do not now or have I ever made a dime off of anyone else's content without their permisison, nor has facebook ever written me a single check. People send me photos of builds, I and the multiple people that help me manage our social media accounts find and are sent photos to post. Do we always do a good job putting the owner in the description. No. First off a fan page usually cannot tag a person only other pages. We could tag the builder if we know the builder has a page. We assume when a photo is sent to us that they have permission to share it. 99 times out of 100 people are absolutely pumped to have their rig or build posted to one of our pages.

2) I have no knowledge of any message to me to tag the owner. I don't always get a chance to read all of the PMs on FB as tons of them come in each day and most are handled automatically. I do not read all of the messages on each post either, often times there are just too many to read and respond to.

3) I am happy to go and change it to give credit, not sure why redneckE thought he needed to get on HL and call me out. Pretty sure you have my phone number or could PM me or message my personal page on FB. I didn't make out that we built the rig, it just had a good looking rear end. Our website wasn't put on the photo. Nothing. It was just a nice rearend and that is pretty much it.

4) I bust my ass each and every day to have what I have. I promote the crap at of the offroad sport because I love it. Not because it makes me a ton of money which it doesnt. If you broke down what I made off of Merch and Youtube to hourly wage I would be below minimum wage. With that said if I won the lottery tomorrow I would still be doing the same thing because I love it. It is a simply as that.

5) PLEASE READ THIS ONE AS IT IS SUPER IMPORTANT. I am not a bad guy trying to make money at anyone's expense. I am super busy and a lot of times things get missed as I try to balance my work life and personal life. If in doubt contact me. The people that know me personally have spoken up in this thread. I would never do anything malicious to anyone in this sport.

Now how about we quit causing drama on the internet and instead all go wheeling and I will take videos of everyone's vehicles making you famous and me a couple pennies so I can buy some more lumber for my house. ok thanks. :drinkers: