• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Partially Committed Racing's buggy #004 build

slravenel said:
i
it is - its a matte crimson red 3M color. the silver one is paint.

Paint is way more durable, but its going to be either 1) $$$$$$ or 2) impossible to do a clean and perfect matte color on a big flat panel like that. I am happy with the wrap but you have to keep it in mind that it really is a disposable finish.

Mine is a semi gloss rustoleum red and its held up pretty well. Pressure washer up close will take it off and it needs to be handwashed to make it really clean up good. I dont see vinyl holding up long term either tho... Powder coat will surely be fairly high.

94xjsport94 said:
Mine is a semi gloss rustoleum red and its held up pretty well. Pressure washer up close will take it off and it needs to be handwashed to make it really clean up good. I dont see vinyl holding up long term either tho... Powder coat will surely be fairly high.

The good thing about the wrap is that when its cleaned, it is perfect. There are no paint blemishes, no runs, no orange peel, no slightly shinier spots...all of that is super hard to avoid in a home brew paint job; and even more so with a matte finish. If you paid to have a paint job look as good as a clean wrap you would pay 2x-3x the amount to get that done. You can pressure wash it all you want to as well...just that once it gets torn on a rock or tree, you have to cut away the peels and you can see the material underneath...much like paint, except paint is more durable to rubs and cuts. I like the wrap...but its just not the toughest thing in the world. It looks damn good though! And is cheap...

Got some more done -

We finally hung the body on there, and got the other bump cans fabbed up and ready for placement. Getting the hood and cowl mounted up was a big undertaking (and super stressful making those first cuts :****: ) but with patience and a lot of measuring it turned out well I think. Still some obvious trimming to do, some sharpie to clean off, and the grill is not mounted yet, its just sitting in there. Nothing is body gapped yet either, so some things will shift a little bit as the gaps are evened up and set right....but its in its place and mounted where it should be!

EDIT: but yes I am aware the grill is off about an inch to the side, I don't have the hinges tightened up yet and its just sitting there for pictures....it will be even when its all put together. I didn't notice it until I looked at the pictures laughing1

8sNCC5X.jpg

ExlvynX.jpg

IBYxWxv.jpg

hq0urbm.jpg

yt5qhJ2.jpg

redneckengineered said:
It is really coming together with the front clip on there. Love it. How are you going to run the winch cable out? I know on Jessica's we mounted the fairlead underneath and ran the cable down and then out. Seems to work fine.

thanks dude -

winch cable will come out like mine does, we will sink a fairlead (his will be fullsize though since he isnt running a comp winch) down into the grill and it will just sneak out there. He will have a little mini stinger up there too per his request, but the basic front end look will be similar to how mine is (which was all done by PJ at M&M on mine):

fn5JfAp.jpg

Love this build Im in the market for a buggy and if u had time id probably talk to you about it. Keep it up super clean. It says partially committed racing are you gonna race srrs or what? You are in the east right?

totalcustoms said:
Love this build Im in the market for a buggy and if u had time id probably talk to you about it. Keep it up super clean. It says partially committed racing are you gonna race srrs or what? You are in the east right?

thanks! I will PM you my number and I can try to answer you're questions.

As for the racing...haha no we dont really race. It started off as a play on the "fully committed" thing...since we are certainly not fully committed to any of that, we are only partially committed at most on a good day laughing1. Then it just became our little group of wheeling guys. Its just for fun. We may enter a low key fun time race once in a blue moon just to have a little fun, but we arent serious about any racing program...we are trail guys through and through don't really have any interest in any bouncer races or anything like that. We are in Atlanta and do most of our wheeling in TN and KY.

Got it sitting on actual tires this weekend and its a whole different animal now! Really looking better and proportional now. It gonna sit low on 43s and still have all the uptravel you could want. I am excited to see this thing progressing

1FvTT2a.jpg

SusCaxk.jpg

tdLp3Lk.jpg

BDNKShQ.jpg

Then we moved on to the back end of the chassis and finished it out. Still need to do some welding and a little grinding on the tube splice, but with the size of this basket - Todd is designated beer cooler carrier for sure :spin:

Ryi1FtH.jpg

Got started on the dash as well, we are still a ways out on completion of this piece, but we have an idea of how its laying at this point. It will sit flush under the cowl and it will all be tight gapped, so you wont see any of the mechanical workings behind the dash, it will all be hidden and buttoned up nicely.

WTxVqG6.jpg

D6HiM80.jpg

This will come through the dash, but you still wont see the orbital.

vUsfeWL.jpg

Latest posts