• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

photobucket took my pictures off

Agreed on Photobucket being garbage for the past few years. I recently started using Imgur instead. Beyond the terrible user interface, Photobucket was so laggy for me that it was almost useless.

I don't have a cloud, I'm never logged into anything like that. Where the hell can I take all my PB photos and copy them over to another medium/host/something? I seldom if ever link something, I don't build **** anymore. I think I have a google account, I had a gmail like 4 years ago. Go on there? look around? I'm about half tech illiterate.

TBItoy said:
It's been so ad-infested for so long that it's unusable.

I've just become accustomed to losing all my photo hosting every 3-4 years or so... laughing1

maybe i'm just retarded but I can't taptalk to upload photos either.

If you pull a picture off fb and save it to your device you can upload them fine here.idk why but if i want to upload a pic I put it on my fb and copy it to my phone and it uploads fine here

Couldnt you just buy an external Terabyte hard drive and put them all on there and never worry about a site doing that to you?

onepieceatatime said:
Couldnt you just buy an external Terabyte hard drive and put them all on there and never worry about a site doing that to you?

Yes you can do that, but the main reason folks used PhotoBucket was so they could link the photos from PhotoBucket to a forum.

Re:

I've used tapatalk solely for photo posting (and anything forum related) about 7 years now... no photos lost to my knowledge. Never even open a computer anymore, all done on my phone. Only time I don't use tapatalk is to change profile pic.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

Re:

mcutler said:
I've used tapatalk solely for photo posting (and anything forum related) about 7 years now... no photos lost to my knowledge. Never even open a computer anymore, all done on my phone. Only time I don't use tapatalk is to change profile pic.

So I downloaded tapatalk and can't figure out how to get to my profile.
So how do you change your profile pic. now?

Re: Re:

smbroady82 said:
I use the browser on my phone to go to the original website for said forum and do it on line like you would on a desktop, but I don't use the forum's mobile configuration, only standard website. That's the only time I can't use tapatalk on a forum.

Re: Re:

smbroady82 said:
You can change your tapatalk profile pic here, by tapping on the pic(screenshot below) but that doesn't translate to your profile pic in each individual forum.

af53860c358e4998b7cdf6b62143709e.jpg

865yota said:
If you pull a picture off fb and save it to your device you can upload them fine here.idk why but if i want to upload a pic I put it on my fb and copy it to my phone and it uploads fine here

this is what I ended up having to do, worked great

thanks

I can still access all mine on there without paying their ransom...... Of coarse I only have 800+ photos on there ( 24% full ) so I'm not a target........Yet
I hate the thought of going on there and move them someplace. It takes forever and it slows all the other programs down to boot.

I'm not a big poster on forums like a lot of you all are, but I have also had good success with Imgur. It seems to be pretty straight forward and user friendly. I also prefer to keep as much information private as possible. My suggestion would be to save everything down to an external hard drive, then upload to a site like Imgur when you want to post a photo to a message board.

I've been hearing about this.. I just checked all of my stuff is on there. I don't have a huge amount of pics on their site though, but alot. Anything on there is also on my HDD. Photobucket is so damn slow and add infested, I wouldnt miss it. But it does suck for old threads & posts when you lose the linked pics :mad:

They finally got me, I had less than 150 pics on there because I dont put personal info on the internet. All I used Photobucket for was posting pics anyway. looks like they're planning to put themselves out of business with the ransom strategy.

I deleted my entire account after downloading most of my 2600+ pics. Vids were lost in the transfer. **** them.

As for those saying to use google photos. All of my current pics are backed up there from my phone. How does one link a pic to the forum? All i can do is post the direct link to the pic. It doesnt give me an IMG code. Any tips?

**** photobucket, just learned about this. Good thing Tapatalk has pretty much took Photobucket's place in my personal need for image sharing. Fawking douchebags, hope they lose everything they've got. How in the **** do they think a service they've offered for free all these years can now justifiably be priced at $400 a year?!?!?! Haha, down goes Photofucket.

the_white_shadow said:
I deleted my entire account after downloading most of my 2600+ pics. Vids were lost in the transfer. **** them.

As for those saying to use google photos. All of my current pics are backed up there from my phone. How does one link a pic to the forum? All i can do is post the direct link to the pic. It doesnt give me an IMG code. Any tips?

Ok so you can go to your Google Photos and copy the image address then paste that LONG link into tinyurl.com and it will give you a SHORT link. Come back here to hardline and put that SHORT link in the IMG code. So in the case of this picture I went to my album and copied the image address and got this:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ZaocKVcGmY_te8fZJkJp3Y6NgAJawqMFv0noYpdZJcesN8b5scqLfIvd-wJi_oyQsBgoqQKIPBPwtu5tI4nxC_CcVEFksoAq4GIy56-bCtGuYBrhFSOSzjmT5_VnyAMTFvbbnaoJQGlrAefDAlaFWdgDF_8rlQEltqlX44Q1gXKe_kofoY6bxGEnrhsIUas4l6DxWZ2hRjJf1zX1bXGfJ9JxXzHPAD8KhodSvcpfC_9A9wZF0kpEGhsCmEV9ZIqzxyswdeWoNN4Mse8Aj3X1hrtehvi7dGW_wuF1JwDgRwaFlMXt6o-mdr4tyfKGbEFeFFzNyd4N47hyboCwvaKE3l-cGZb-y67x_5YOzZZQCa-Acys88amgLoSZajiwm07q8iwYSnzVfSgrqXrRTXutEUwubWNkqH3H6VAPbRrcJa0rF203k2MqIygUtpAGVRoUVmfSiMRIX1462iB170uKUZkT6xjZQt3eiUd9EzZmko6VrZQ59CKElU-61ncFixuJixHEQSnjGUvBV-AIn6Ly8DCoKreDy0sEFTw45NRfBvOX3-709ojKyLMGLQlJ65tL6mSFM20K1jQCfcMo3VZRV_jOp7TvIJ_ScbI6-aYZbVhHk-D4ncMelW0HoQ=w2256-h1268-no

Then I put that into goo.gl and it gave me this:

https://tinyurl.com/y77oolxc

I put that into the
code and it posts it...if it comes out to be a HUGE picture you can click MODIFY post and the IMG code will have the size of the photo where you can scale it down. For example when I do what I said above it comes out this big:

y77oolxc

If I go back to MODIFY the post I can cut the size in half from 1900 by 1068 to 950 by 534 so it comes out like this:

y77oolxc