• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pinto Bouncer "Mean Bean"

Lurker said:
And pirate said one links would break...pssh.

Came out looking good man. If you cant see over the front you can truly call it a bouncer 8)

I'm a cheap and easy way builder and have always had good luck with the 1 links crawling so figured I try them with a bouncer. As you can see the coil springs really do make it a bouncer!!! loller.gif

I loved seeing the video of it! I was bummed to see the u joint go as I really wanted to see it in action longer. Awesome work! Love the owner built rigs!!!! :woot:

I was pretty bummed myself, definitely need some seat time!!!! I don't claim to be the best driver but after watching video it was kind of embarrassing!! First time jitters, first real shakedown run and a crowd of people had me all screwed up, oh well she'll be back and I'll give it a little more hell next time!!!

Re:

Love the looks of this thing. I'm not a bouncer but I def saw some driver error in the video looks like you had issues telling what way the tires were pointed, but you probably know that. but badass rig and hopefully get this thing up toward ohio this season there in event up here this year.

sent on tapatalk

Just looked back on this build. How does that shifter work with the u joint? Have the same set up just without the u-joint

I want to see you do good at AOP. You need to do something with that tierod. AOP has to many rocks and it will be hard to get it to the hills with out bending it. It is easy to move it up, just drill out the holes and use heims or sleeve it with some really thick stuff,or better yet move it to the rear of the axle. If you dont have time i am pretty sure i still have some stock spares i can bring if you need them.By the way i love the mean bean, even if it is a Ford.

extremetownie said:
I want to see you do good at AOP. You need to do something with that tierod. AOP has to many rocks and it will be hard to get it to the hills with out bending it. It is easy to move it up, just drill out the holes and use heims or sleeve it with some really thick stuff,or better yet move it to the rear of the axle. If you dont have time i am pretty sure i still have some stock spares i can bring if you need them.By the way i love the mean bean, even if it is a Ford.

Yeah I know it's in a bad spot but I don't have the funds to do anything with it other than maybe reinforce it. Would take some doing to move it to the back because of the 1 link setup, extremely tight back there. Just going to have to be careful for the time being. If you have a spare that would be great.