• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project All in One Tonlimited

We got quite a bit done on the front axle today. The "project machinists" got busy on some pucks so we could slide a line up bar in to tack the inner knuckles on. The pucks fit perfectly in place of the carrier bearings and lined everything up perfectly. We set the caster and got to welding. Last night I built the crossmember for the transmission as well. I can't wait to get it all put together for good and get it under the frame. Here are some pics.
ygu7a2u9.jpg

9uzy8aze.jpg

u5ara7uv.jpg

3yvyzepe.jpg

mery5ypy.jpg

ugugata3.jpg

eju7ehu6.jpg

a9a4uzyt.jpg

Looks good ! be very very carefull on the measurements on the front track bar location in comparison to the knuckle measurements if you are going with conventional steering if its off the least bit it will cause bump steer took me 2 days to get mine set correct

I will be glad to e mail you some pics and you can call me if you want it will be easier to explain if you are looking at the pics there is alot more to consider when setting one up for conventional steering VS full hydraulic to avoid the bump steer issue

This is my last day off so I figured I would go ahead and post some progress. We go way more done than I though we would. We finished the front and rear links. The body got clearances and bolted back on. We started the front frame section, front shock hoop and ori's where installed. Hood and grill are back on. We mount all the tires and put it at ride height for the first time. It has a 22" belly height with 115" wheel base. We went ahead and opened up the rear wheel wells and cut out the inner fender on one side. I have been planing for 5" of up travel. With this fender cut we where able to squeeze 7" of up out of it without hitting anything.It was really great to get and idea of what she will look like when we are finished. Here are some pics.

e8ynedup.jpg

uzegu7av.jpg

za3ere3u.jpg

he3aqe9y.jpg

natebyru.jpg

7uduve4a.jpg

ze9y5utu.jpg

9utyzyzu.jpg

zuqe4abe.jpg

ave2uhuh.jpg

ysunehup.jpg

u3y8yjaz.jpg

qahepa5a.jpg

hesu7a4e.jpg

azuneqy3.jpg

yve9ypar.jpg

e5yzurep.jpg

aresuqy9.jpg

emy2ygar.jpg

utyvyqyq.jpg

ve4ypa7y.jpg

Coming along ! Why use a truss on the front if not attaching links to it just curious could save you some room

Thanks guys.
Front truss is gone, because I needed some room, ha. Ring gear took about 20 minutes with a 9" grinder. I was not near as bad as I though it would be.

I like it I hope those pics I sent you will be of some use on setting your steering up

Man they have! Sorry I have not called you. Every time I start to call you something comes up.

Well it's been slow lately but I was able to get out and bend a little tube the others night. We built a hoop and a few other things. I am not sure if I like or not what do y'all think. Should be a few more update in the next few days. We also got on of the fender wells cut to see what it was gonna look like.

mugamuja.jpg

eje5u8es.jpg

7u5yru4e.jpg