• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

project bocephus

smalltowncowboy

i am onto another project now. this one is a 1978 chevy stepside short box.

SPECS:

454 BBC, headers, edelbrock carb and intake
th400
np205
4" lift
35x14.50x15 swampers
dana 44 six lug front
12 bolt rear

PARTS ON HAND:
dana 44 eight lug 4.10 gears trac loc locker, warn locking hubs
14BFF 4.10 detroit locker
sm465/205 (debating installing)
38x12.50x15 swampers
milemarker 9500# winch
custom winch bumper off dodge diesel, have to modify to fit

PARTS TO ORDER FROM DIY4X:
shackle flip and switch
14 bolt full floating disc conversion kit
dana 44 spring plates
14 bolt spring plates
guardsman
competition poly motor mounts

THINGS STILL NEEDED:
cross over steering
dana 60
maybe some zero rates

now onto the pics

04_06_11.jpg

04_06_12.jpg

04_06_13.jpg

04_18_0.jpg

04_18_11.jpg

04_18_16.jpg

Last edited:
Nice stepside :masturbanana[1]: Mine was clean once now its getting truggyfied.:redneck:

img0374qi9.jpg

Dude It's Gonna Be Sick :011:

Too bad your not local.:booo: I have a lot of stuff your looking for. spring plates, shackle flip, etc.

i think hes from the yakima area
just a tip get a new carb or some other induction because the edlebrock is the worst thing i see right now ohh and crossover steering will be nice too

ive ran numerous edelbrocks and never had a problem so im not worried, and im planning crossover but i wont have the cash flow right now so while im rebuilding my 44 im gonna have the flat top drilled and tapped so its ready. untill then though im gonna have bunk make me a nice strong tie rod.

i thought he was from the yakima area since he wheels with ceg, and that aint nothin to drive.

i thought he was from the yakima area since he wheels with ceg, and that aint nothin to drive.

Yes I live in West Crackima The Palm Springs Of Mexico :Stoned:

The edelbrocks are junk offroad, but thats what I've been running for a while now, just drop the float level and add the spring loaded needle & seat and it can get you by if you can learn to drive with it. I was gonna go TBI but that **** is junk compared to some of the aftermarket EFI setups. I'm thinking Gen III 6.0L Next :011:

my neighbor has a tbi 350 and all accesories (i think), still in the truck running and driving he wants to sell. if you want i can find out how much he wants. it would be the motor, tbi, computer, gas tank.

The edelbrocks are junk offroad, but thats what I've been running for a while now, just drop the float level and add the spring loaded needle & seat and it can get you by if you can learn to drive with it.

yah im going to rejet the carb and play with the fuel needles, also i was thinking about a marine intake spacer, but this truck might end up being mainly for mud depending on where i move to.

well right now im tryin to find a frame and body to build a smaller rig with one tons so goin to tbi would be pointless right now and plus ive been messin around with my edlebrock and i have a q-jet im workin with

well its been a while since ive added anything here and its even been a while since i messed with the truck.

well the last couple days ive put in quite a bit of work.

pulled the bench seat
pulled the carpet and insulation (found some rust)
sprayed the back half of the cab with bedliner
installed bucket seats
installed a stereo system
B&M Z gate rachet shifter (not installed yet)

ordered some parts
2 RCI 5 point harnesses
starter heat blanket
two 100watt 7" pro comp HID offroad lights

ill get some pics up when i get them off my phone

well i got a better pic. havnt been doing much the last couple days but waiting for parts to come in.

200 amp superwinch slave solenoid, also i got in my hood vent louvers.

started tearing the engine out of an 88 chevy so i have the TBI 350, the rest of the truck is already sold. have to pull a 465/205 for a guy on another board. looks like i have my th400/205 sold so i will have to pull that to install a different 465/205 in the truck.

i have a busy time ahead of me lol.

DSCN0002.jpg

also heres my rust i have to fix.

DSCN0005.jpg

and the other side (dont worry wires will be moved)

DSCN0004.jpg

Latest posts