• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project First Gen..

its my designated wheeler. Got a nice DD so it'll be getting some more offroad goodies eventually. I want a very capable wheeler without loosing the awesome firstgen appeal.

Well took it down to the park today for some day light pics. Got some stills by the river and flexed it a little until the tires rubbed. Once I get the spacers on i'll be able to flex a lot more.

Picture3111.jpg

Picture3101.jpg

Picture3131.jpg

Picture3161.jpg

Picture3141.jpg

Body is cut up as far as it gets. Only cutting I had to so was shave the fenders at the bottom of the lights. I'll be getting a bed bob in the next coming months hopefully soon, but i'll get getting body work done and a paint match so i'm hoping you won't ever be able to tell.

well since we got the driveshaft installed I decided to pull out the pressure washer and hit the bottom of the truck. Then I cleaned with some brake cleaner and hit it with some paint. Nothing blingin just some flat black. Still makes it look better though!

Picture3166.jpg

Picture3164.jpg

Then I went to go 4wheelin but it started to rain, so I ditch the quad and decided to go in the mountains. I stayed in the low elevation away from the snow, but still hit alittle mud. yes I know mud, woopy-di-doo! But it was the first time the truck has seen off-road sense the lift.

Picture3167.jpg

Picture3169.jpg

Me and a buddy both have the same year trucks. We built him a tube bumper yesterday and plan to build mine next weekend. Then sliders!

Well started on the bumper yesterday. Didn't finish but got a good base to bend up some tube when I get the chance.

With the help of a buddy and his tools I went to town. Cut out some plate with the plasma cutter and added a flat cross member and mount to the front of the truck. Welded bolts on the inside so the bumper can be removable.

Picture3184.jpg

Picture3186.jpg

Then measured out some plate and cut my winch mounting plate and welded that up. It's amazing how much better I can weld with a good welder.

Picture3189.jpg

Picture3190.jpg

Then mounted that to the truck

Picture3193.jpg

Picture3192.gif

Then before I called it a night, well morning it was 3:30am when I quit lol we bended a pipe to cross the bottom.

Picture3195.jpg

Picture3196.jpg

hopefully plan to finish it next week If I can.

Well finished the bumper tonight. Need to go get my winch then decide if I want to add a stinger to it or not. Also got to figure out where I want to put some recovery hooks.

I'm going to turn the side market lights next to my head lights into turn signals so I don't have to mount my old ones on the bumper.

Here's a pic during mid mock-up

Picture_3205.jpg

Here's my build sponsor. They're very good about keeping me awake.

Picture_3206.jpg

Here it is all painted up

Picture_3211.jpg

Picture_3213.jpg

I kinda think it need some kind of stinger. Nothing drastic, just something that goes up alittle bit. Once I get my winch installed I'll look at it again. But i'm thinking something like this:

2A9_2.JPG

Well converted the blinkers to my side marker lights. little bit of dremel action and 5 min epoxy did the trick

Picture_3236.jpg

Picture_3237.jpg

also installed the exhaust. still need to do some final touches but its driveable.

Took it in the snow last night, did pretty good, didn't get stuck and even got to use the bumper to pull a buddy out. No problems.

l_0faadc7509752da534f817f7b51e091d.jpg

doesn't even have a stinger yet... Do plan on making one though! Just needed to get the winch in first

Went to a buddys shop today and then we got to talkin. Next thing I knew we were holding a saw all and cuting my bed

First thing I did was cut the lights and tail gate section off for re-use. Notice the POS Macco paint job peels off when u take of the electrical tape used for a line..

Picture3257.jpg

Then I took 10 inches off

Picture3261.jpg

Picture3263.jpg

Some welding and grinding and its getting there...

Picture3266.jpg

Picture3268.jpg

Will finish the welding tomorrow after we get more gas for the welder then the body work begins.

Spent the day playing with bondo and sanding. Never want to do this again. But its turning out good. I also added 2" add-a-leafs to the front to level the truck out some more. The bumper began making it sag.

Heres the prep before primer went on..
Picture3272.jpg

Then the primer went on, it looks killer and turned out good. took forever though.

Picture3274.jpg

Picture3278.jpg

And heres my buddies truck in the background. Still got to finish the rear but he got the engine going today

Picture3285.jpg

Picture3286.jpg

Latest posts