• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project red dragon

scott, the front cage works gotta match the back. ill be making a custom one i dont want store bought! unless youve got something custom, put a pic up. and is the hood narrowed?

moneys been tight but got some more bootyfab done. got another gm alternator for welding mounted on the exhaust side along with a toyota corona ac pump for onboard air directly above it. and moved the power steering pump on the intake side above the water pump. a took a second water pump pully and put it ontop of the original one upside down thats whats goin to power the psteering pump hopefully. dont know if itll work but im ganna try. also lucked out with the leads that came with my welder (i took off and put bigger longer ones on.) but they just so happen to be long enough to reach every part of the sami and there compact and light weight.

also mocked up were the tcase will be going. just need to cut out the towers and tabs to hold it. weld them in and switch my gears into this case and im moveable. to go out to my buddy scotts and do the front of the cage.

Last edited:
I would at least use elmers glue on the wood spikes and then super glue them to the pan.....

:redneck:

wheeln

i dont know when im ganna be wheeln again. ive got alot to do still...when you wheeln again? i saw your rig at brents again.

sco44, didnt really like it isnt that store bought?

new toy!

havent had much time to do anything on the sami but made a new motor mount. and got a new toy! Warn XD9000i! it came on a plate attatched to a hitch type.

Last edited:

got somemore work done today. got the steel cut up for the brackets that hold the tcase. will finish it tomarow and gusset everything. more pics tomorow.

Last edited:
front bumper

dont know i hope so i broke that mighty kong or whatever arm from rockyroad outfitters one in 3 places. and im one tcase number 5 now. if this doesnt work im goin toyota.

i started on the front bumper today. cut out the frame tube in the middle and cleaned up everything and welded some plating to the frame for the bumper. i have to get a square cut in the bumper for a hitch receiver before i can weld it to the frame plus cap the ends and tap a hole so it can hold air. hopefully will have it done tomorow. then i can fianlly get to the cageing of the front!

Last edited:
Rod ends

what rod ends are people using? i was looking at some at www.evolutionmachine.com in canada there like the size of pop cans and they look definetly overkill but like a hundred bucks a pop. i also looked at some at www.ballisticfabrication.com the xm 16s there like 60 bucks a pop. i also looked at this revue from pirate4x4.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PR-Joints/index.html
i would like it to be rebuildable and greaseable and overkill for the long time use and not have to mess with them again. and i was thinkin anything the buggy guys are using will pretty much be over kill for a sami buggy id think and i only need 3. just want to know what i should get. thanks

Last edited:
jeremybigs said:
what rod ends are people using? i was looking at some at www.evolutionmachine.com in canada there like the size of pop cans and they look definetly overkill but like a hundred bucks a pop. i also looked at some at www.ballisticfabrication.com the xm 16s there like 60 bucks a pop. i also looked at this revue from pirate4x4.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/PR-Joints/index.html
i would like it to be rebuildable and greaseable and overkill for the long time use and not have to mess with them again. and i was thinkin anything the buggy guys are using will pretty much be over kill for a sami buggy id think and i only need 3. just want to know what i should get. thanks

QA1 5/8"hole 3/4"thread