• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "Secret Squirrel"

I had my doubts of what you were doing at first and how it was gonna look as of last night. But that looks damn good now that its finished. :awesomework:

I am just screaming along on this thing and making progress to the point I can see a light now. So all of the tube work is now 100% done(except shock hoops) with only 2 skins to make...

But here is the last few things I finished up the last couple days...

jack331.jpg

You can see where the last skins will be going...

I also decided to add one cross bar under the hood since there was such a span between the A pillar and the cross bar in front of the grill. The tube is just right so the motor can still come out if it ever needs to..

jack332.jpg

So I attached the rig again with the sawzall and removed a bunch more sheet metal down at the forward corners of the tub. I then pounded it back and welded the seams up--damn I hate seam sealer--smokey **** I tell ya... I also added one mount down low to help keep the firewall in place..

jack333.jpg

One thing I noticed when I cut all the sheet metal out--there was a gaping hole (you could see the back side of the speaker)---and with how the tires sat that area was going to fill up with mud pretty easily. So I went ahead and capped the area off..

jack334.jpg

I also went ahead and added one more mount for the dash/firewall to help keep it in place in case jack peels the sheet metal into a tree lol..

jack335.jpg

So what did you end up going with for spring rates?

Round ones--and red :haha:

I duno as I was too busy trying to get the damn peanuts out of the springs---and too busy trying to get my own rig ready (got them like on weds)

I see paint...........:corn:

Crash, try some black in your hair.:fawkdancesmiley:

Edit: maybe I don't see paint......just prep.

Last edited:
Well I got the stock latch put in and adjusted and the front lamp tabs made and welded on along with the front d-rings. Then I got the rig all cleaned and prepped and then all primered

jack336.jpg

jack337.jpg

I got one coat of black on it and ran outa paint -grrrrrrrr But it's funny how different the rig looks balck

(aisin acent on)
soooo.... are you done yet? why you not done yet? why you so slowwww?!
(aisin acent off)

You'r slower than I am :shaking:

Well, mabey not...:haha: