• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "Secret Squirrel"

crash said:
So onto the motor stand it went, flopped it over and damn--oil and coolant on my clean floor :mad: :D

You need one of these :flipoff:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-G1016&N=700+115&autoview=sku

sum-g1016.jpg

crash said:
I'm a service tech--I have **** you desk jockey's have never seen :flipoff:

I drained the motor and the coolant caught me off guard :hi:
So what you're saying is you're slipping in your old age? :flipoff:

moto261 said:
? why did you not switch the mounts around so that there was just small tabs on the frame and use the bussing on the motor mount it self ?
I agree with this. Much easier to change the bushings if you can just pop the mount out and clamp it in the vice.

CrustyJeep said:
I agree with this. Much easier to change the bushings if you can just pop the mount out and clamp it in the vice.

But you can now :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I run what I have proven...

crash said:
I'm a service tech--I have **** you desk jockey's have never seen :flipoff:

I drained the motor and the coolant caught me off guard :hi:

Looks like one of them there foot waxer thingys :redneck:

crash said:
So for the 4th time I got my shirt caught on the rear of the rig and for the 4th time the rig laughed and told me to F-off. So--I showed it who is boss :flipoff:

jack53.jpg

so mike, were did the back half of the tub go? i might be intrested in it :D is it at jacks?

MarcW said:
so mike, were did the back half of the tub go? i might be intrested in it :D is it at jacks?
its not at my pad, I wonder if mike doesn't have some plans for it though.

Ok I got the front frame rails totaly stripped. I decided to just fully paint the frame rails to keep the rust off the frame since for some odd reason this frame wants to rust quite quickly (never had this problem on anything else). And when I need to weld something to the frame ---thats why I have a BIG OL BURL wire brush :D

jack60.jpg

I went and totaly stripped the rest of the frame rails and also painted them up since I had to pull the rest of the powertrain components...

jack61.jpg

Last edited:
I pulled apart all the boxes to seal them together. So now that part is fully assemembed now and ready to go in for the last time. Love my tranny jack :;

jack62.jpg

Jacks getting a nice centerforce II clutch--should treat him well :;

jack63.jpg

And now the motor is back in for the last time..

jack64.jpg

I went ahead and squared the tranny shifter hole and the t-case holes look to be dead nuts on...

jack65.jpg

This is a bad picture. I was able to work the body up where the clutch fork sits--should clear now but I have just enough room to work the body a lil more if need be..

jack66.jpg

Here is a toy mini clutch slave cylinder. The tacoma's have the clutch setup on the oppisite side so it makes the bleader upside down. This is not a big deal--you have to remove the slave to bleed the system (its the same way when you run an FJ40 slave on a sm465). One thing I am unsure of is the ears that bolt the slave to the bellhousing must be longer than the taco's because the rod that the slave push's against is a lil of an angle to the clutch fork...

jack67.jpg