• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Sexi Sami

thanks guys -

was dissapointed last night - started setting up the gears, dropped in the spool and the Ring gear didn't even touch the pinion - guess Yukon or Summit put the spool in the wrong box because it is deffinitely not a 4.56 and up spool :gtfo:

hopefully they will send me a new spool or a ring gear spacer today so I can get it back together by the weekend.
20140312_210344_zpse2e8301c.jpg

called Summit and they gave me the run around, wanting me to send them the spool then they would order a replacement from Yukon and basically id have to wait until middle of next week to finish setting up the gears

so I checked with EOR and they are sending out a spacer today that will be here tomorrow so I'll be assembling the front end tomorrow night thumb.gif

just can't beat Essentially Offroad for their customer service :woody:

Sounds like my luck has rubbed off in the shop a little. I would def disinfect that place.

got a little done - rear shock supports are made and then welded until I ran out of gas

also got the propane tank mounted and started on the tote mount - gotta have storage for straps, tools, cooler, etc.

Re: Re: Re: Project Sexi Sami

zayne2427 said:
Looking good Daniel. Can't wait till everyone gets done. Riding weather is here.

Crazy that every single one of my local/semi-local wheeling buds are all workin' on their junk lol. Gonna be some interesting wheeling going on before long!

And dayum, Dangle works fast! Sami looking tight!

Re: Re: Re: Project Sexi Sami

TacomaJD said:
Gonna be some interesting wheeling going on before long!

Thanks guys - Josh I am really excited about riding with a lot of similar rigs, there should be a good group of Toyota and samurai rigs to ride with!

onetoncrawler said:
thanks guys -

was dissapointed last night - started setting up the gears, dropped in the spool and the Ring gear didn't even touch the pinion - guess Yukon or Summit put the spool in the wrong box because it is deffinitely not a 4.56 and up spool :gtfo:

hopefully they will send me a new spool or a ring gear spacer today so I can get it back together by the weekend.
20140312_210344_zpse2e8301c.jpg

Well I found out that I have a 61 front instead of a 60 so I'll have to machine a custom spacer to set up the gears correctly

If I would have known before I would have just scrapped it and bought another axle but I have a lot of time in this one

Not much other progress, got the battery box mounted and made a small dash frame to put the switches , also got all the limit strap tabs welded up

It'd be nice if sellers were honest about what axles they were selling! That's the second D61 I know sold as a D60.

Looking forward to getting on the trails...you're close :woot:

Rokcrler said:
It'd be nice if sellers were honest about what axles they were selling! That's the second D61 I know sold as a D60.

Looking forward to getting on the trails...you're close :woot:

Well I'll be a better educated buyer for sure, I knew they made 61 rears but never heard of a front - I am going to say the seller didn't know, at least I hope he didn't

onetoncrawler said:
Well I'll be a better educated buyer for sure, I knew they made 61 rears but never heard of a front - I am going to say the seller didn't know, at least I hope he didn't

Hey, why not show everyone the dead giveaway that it's a 61.

Latest posts