• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

TBItoy said:
There's nothing like a M-F 7-4 job with 2 hour lunches... laughing1

I wouldn't know what it was like working dayshift. If you counted up every day I have worked on dayshift in the 14 years I been working, it would equate to roughly 6 months total. Lol. Always been a 2nd shifter between the 3 jobs I've had. It's not bad to me because I never have been spoiled with dayshift. Maybe one day.....Lol.

Re:

My wife and I team drive from Georgia to Seattle every week. It's pretty much a Monday through Friday job unless snow and ice kicks us in the balls.

John

Re:

I'd love to drive a rig across country the country but I wanna do it at a slow pace. When I drove a wrecker we had a garbage truck that needed towed from Ohio to California and I volunteered for it, but when I told my boss is was gonna do it by the books and keep my logs legal, he found someone else that was willing to run it illegally.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

pholmann said:
Mine is 8-330 with a 2 hour lunch. Lol :****:
And all summer off lol. I've got quite a few teachers on the side of the family I didn't meet till I graduated. If I knew that was in my blood I would've went that route

For 11 years I worked 21 days straight and 2 off and one time I worked 3 months straight, that was when I worked maintenance, I will never work another weekend again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My "work" portion of the day is like 8:30a - 2p, mon-thur. The remainder of the 10hr shift is drive time, which I make someone else chauffeur me around.

Zjman said:
Back into towing or what, and a Cdl and a clean mvr is even better

Yep, when I decided to get out of my own truck and go to work at a local company they couldn't hire me fast enough cause I have a Class A cdl and clean mvr with 14 yrs experience.

I work Tuesdays and some Friday's 11am - 12:30pm. It's rough, but I try to make the most of it. :flipoff1:

My longest stretch without a day off was just over 9 months on 12 hour days. My longest string of 100+ hour work weeks was just shy of 6 months followed by a 3 month stretch. I was more loony tunes than normal and probably shortened my life span by a decade. I am trying to catch back up on the important things in life for the next few years at least. Money isn't everything and you surely don't get to take it with you. My pay cut still lets me wheel some and have a few extra bucks in the budget for steak every other week. :dblthumb:

I usually start around 730ish an drive to my 2 customers then take lunch for however long it takes then leave at 3ish home by 4 :****:

How long should RCV take to build and ship a set of axles? I am at 4 weeks...today was told a set did not meet standards and they had to start over :dunno:

bbone said:
How long should RCV take to build and ship a set of axles? I am at 4 weeks...today was told a set did not meet standards and they had to start over :dunno:

Better than them shipping you sub-par junk! Lol. Hollar at Ricky or Kraig, maybe they can provide more insight?

bbone said:

Dam, that sucks man. Nothing worse than waiting for parts

TacomaJD said:
Better than them shipping you sub-par junk! Lol. Hollar at Ricky or Kraig, maybe they can provide more insight?

RIcky was my 1st call...been talking to Josh at RCV...every week seems to be the same story...I know I am not a racer...and they are doing some warranty work but still...

It really sucks when ya own two 7.3's and they both break down.

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

Zjman said:
It really sucks when ya own two 7.3's and they both break down.

Sell em both and buy you a 6.7.