• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

joho75287 said:
http://www.gizmag.com/nissan-zeod-rc-engine/30611/

Dannng two motor articles today that blew me away.

I think the 1600hp motor is cool as ****. But, reliable power @88 pounds would be a game changer for 90% of the guys that ride. Sure theres plenty of 500hp+ buggies out there. But, realistically most of us are way under that magic number. I'm approximately 450hp under it on one buggy and 200+ on the other. I would imagine this thing would sip on fuel as opposed to an old school big block and should get a good bit better mileage than an LS. Less fuel equals less weight too. Losing 600 pounds off of a buggy would be good and then you could actually have some space for a winch or some tools.

Re:

http://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/mad-science-a-drag-racer-sliced-and-diced-a-pair-of-ls-heads-stuck-them-together-and-mounted-them-on-a-ford-inline-six/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

lowbudgetjunk said:
I think the 1600hp motor is cool as ****. But, reliable power @88 pounds would be a game changer for 90% of the guys that ride. Sure theres plenty of 500hp+ buggies out there. But, realistically most of us are way under that magic number. I'm approximately 450hp under it on one buggy and 200+ on the other. I would imagine this thing would sip on fuel as opposed to an old school big block and should get a good bit better mileage than an LS. Less fuel equals less weight too. Losing 600 pounds off of a buggy would be good and then you could actually have some space for a winch or some tools.

Shiiiiiiit. I bet that little 3cylinder drinks gas like my 351W(and makes twice the HP). :****:

I would love to hear an 88lb motor making 400hp while spinning stickies and smashing and bashing up a trail!!!

Look at fords little 3cyl ecotech , they can make upwards of 200hp iirc ... They'll get cheaper before too long. They are a 40+mpg engine as well.

Wait....don't you drive a fiesta or some such ****???
You just want us to have to live ol with your crappy life choices too!!
Bawhahaha

Random Thoughts

ccaa2e97caa4c35cf4ba2df8ea66a1dd.jpg

96e59df133959f637e11839df1809d99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rednecklights said:
ccaa2e97caa4c35cf4ba2df8ea66a1dd.jpg

96e59df133959f637e11839df1809d99.jpg

I so should have posted up the Piper running away from me taking pictures of him in the Ecoboost pictures...damn that doesn't even make sense to me.

lowbudgetjunk said:
I so should have posted up the Piper running away from me taking pictures of him in the Ecoboost pictures...damn that doesn't even make sense to me.

I was sho hoping you didn't have them anymore

Well a stick has been tossed into the spokes of my college plan. I originally was going finish a B.S. in Business at our local community college via Huntingdon College out of Montgomery.....but I just learned that the only classes Huntingdon offers at Northeast are all on campus / none online, and they are all evening classes, 5 week mini-mesters, and I work fawking 2nd shift. So now, unless I could go to a different shift here, which is extremely doubtful unless I went to a weekend shift, which suck nutsack, I am left with the only other options being driving back and forth to Jacksonville State near Choccolocco ORP or Athens State on the other side of Huntsville. Fawking dammit. Athens state does offer several of the classes needed online, so I may can take those and then finish on campus classes at Jacksonville and just tough it out, but to hell with a bunch of driving an hour back and forth AND working full time. I will be finished at Northeast with my Associates in about a year, so I still have time to figure something out. :mad:

Work weekends and suffer it out, nothing's easy but it will be worth it in the end

Elliott said:
Work weekends and suffer it out, nothing's easy but it will be worth it in the end

Fri-Sun 12 hour shifts on days or nights would probably make me so miserable, I wouldn't finish....or it could motivate me to hurry up haha. I think I'd rather tough it out and make the drive during the week and run on little sleep. One positive is that I am the only one out of probably 100 people on 2nd shift that work 8 hours Mon-Fri with no overtime (unless I want it and work in other areas out on the manufacturing floor). Most everybody else works Mon-Thurs on 10 hours shifts and work later hours than I do, then on top of that, most of the time work at least 1 or 2, and sometimes all 3 days of the weekend too. They work a lot of overtime. They make the same pay I do, but with their overtime, it's not uncommon for some of them to gross nearly $20k more a year than what I make....but when life is work and sleep, the money isn't worth it. I have been smoking it over and I think I can make it work during the week. Gonna have to put on my motivation britches and do work.

Jacksonville offer a B.S. degree in Management with a concentration in Human Resources, which is right up my alley with the type of jobs I have targeted.

If it's something you really want, I say go all in, it can be done and think of how things will be when it's over. Myself, I worked and went to school full time along with everything else that was going on at the time, was it easy? No, but is much of anything worthwhile easy? A lot of that time I worked 7 days a week with as much as 20 hours of double time, had a plan of where wanted to be going. It helped when I was able to move to third shift and picked up other shifts when I could on the weekends.

Re:

Dang, working that much and taking a full load is rough. I did it for 1 semester straight after high school, 60+ hours a week in a sock mill, 5 classes on campus 5 days a week, passed 3 classes, dropped the other 2, then got a job at Siemens where I still work now and never went back to school after that 1st semester in 05, until 2012 when I started back for a year, then was out another couple years and started back last summer.

I'm gonna do what it takes to get it done, one way or the other. I know it will pay off for the rest of my life.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Dang, working that much and taking a full load is rough. I did it for 1 semester straight after high school, 60+ hours a week in a sock mill, 5 classes on campus 5 days a week, passed 3 classes, dropped the other 2, then got a job at Siemens where I still work now and never went back to school after that 1st semester in 05, until 2012 when I started back for a year, then was out another couple years and started back last summer.

I'm gonna do what it takes to get it done, one way or the other. I know it will pay off for the rest of my life.

Where the **** is Tony Bolton when you need him? That motherfucker on vacation or something?

The theme song to all in the family couldnt be more true still today

Mowing grass in low 60 degree temps should be a job. Nothing more am I looking forward doing today, I promise. Enjoy work work day bitches :flipoff1:

Re: Re: Random Thoughts

lowbudgetjunk said:
Mowing grass in low 60 degree temps should be a job. Nothing more am I looking forward doing today, I promise. Enjoy work work day bitches :flipoff1:
It was in low 40s when I started work today.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk