• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RC ROCK CRAWLERS

xjkrawler said:
lee that thing is awesome!

my stock esc took a major dump like the first week it got it..... i think im gonna upgrade it.

how do you like the shocks? the stock ones are junk

Thanks. The shocks are pretty good, they come with 3 sets of springs, each set has different stiffness....but they are all WAY too stiff for a MRC. I ran it forever with no springs at all and it sat low and did really good, but the chassis twisted/leaned bad when throttling so I just now took the shocks apart and put pen springs in them. Kinda look air shocks now ;D instead of bottoming out all the time.

leeman1790 said:
Thanks. The shocks are pretty good, they come with 3 sets of springs, each set has different stiffness....but they are all WAY too stiff for a MRC. I ran it forever with no springs at all and it sat low and did really good, but the chassis twisted/leaned bad when throttling so I just now took the shocks apart and put pen springs in them. Kinda look air shocks now ;D instead of bottoming out all the time.
yeah i am running the stock shocks without springs. i also flipped the motor around and took the foam out of the tires and weighted the front with solder.

how long did your stock esc last?

i am pissed mine didnt last but like 2 weeks.

xjkrawler said:
yeah i am running the stock shocks without springs. i also flipped the motor around and took the foam out of the tires and weighted the front with solder.

how long did your stock esc last?

i am pissed mine didnt last but like 2 weeks.

It lasted 8-9 months, stock steering servo lasted 3 days.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
You really should run foams. I run the Novas ark 2.2 dual stage foams. They are about $30. And drill a 1/8" hole in each rim.
i just dont run the foams in the micro crawler.

in the larger buggies there is cut down foam.

leeman1790 said:
It lasted 8-9 months, stock steering servo lasted 3 days.

yeah i am thinking about calling horizon hobby. it sometimes works but most of the time when i first turn the thing on the throttle is stuck wide open and wont sync with the radio. so i usually have to unplug the motor then it will finally sync.

its very annoying.

so far the steering servo is doing fine.

ive got a 2.5 revo and a 3.3 revo if those count but i have been wanting one of those crawlers real bad but havent got the extra funds to get the one i want right now

Had nothing to do today other than mess with the rc crawler
moto_0301.jpg

moto_0302.jpg

moto_0300.jpg

nice chassis... i am thinking about starting one and ditchin the stock axial chassis.

how do you like the rock claws? i run them on the losi. i gave them the ol bogger cut and they are soft as crap now.

i am in the process of cleaning and redoing everything on the axial. i recently broke the front output shaft on the tranny and twisted the plastic driveshaft ears. so i ditched my brushless motor back for my brushed motor. i got tired of rock bouncing the hell out of it.

So with all this said, Whats a realistic price to get in on an entry level rig???

Either a kit or an outa the box...
I believe I want one of these little guys and would like to learn from your mistakes not mine... :flipoff1:

rccrawler.com... pay for membership... look at classifieds... the $20 membership is savings in itself...

Glad to see im not the only one that still plays with toys. Heres mine. Started as the Axial Scorpion kit and then built a all out tube jeep out of it. Still needs seats and dash finished. I just put some 2.2 TSLs on it last week.
here is what it was after a day of putting all the parts together and painted body a diff day.
DCFC0010.jpg

then I started building this for all the running gear.
hinges2.jpg

d2fa719c.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

and with the new TSLs
7ae5fc94.jpg

Latest posts