• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Recent Android update

afd516

Certainly, I am not the only that got the auto update notice on their phone this weekend? I did the update and I hate it. I don't know if my issues are specific to my phone (droid razr m) or all phones on the android system.

Specifically, the text. It is now a plain white back ground with black lettering. It used to have separate bullets in different colors to discern the two individuals in the conversation. Second, there is no longer a return button to start a new paragraph, make a list or break sentences. Third, the blank page where your text comes up as you type will only allow you to read 2 lines at a time. It makes it a pain in the ass to proof read your text.

There are other noticeable differences such as the lay out of the dial pad and such but nothing I cant get used too.

Anybody else? Is there a fix to the ridiculous non thought out of the new layout of the text feature?

i freaking HATE it. wish they would just leave **** alone. the text thing is annoying becasue now it all runs togethr and it can be difficult to see if i said something or the person i'm talking to said it.

Re:

What firmware and phone? Generally if it's a Samsung like most people have you can Odin back to previous firmware.
Google is doing something very confusing as of late, instead of actually updating from jellybead(4.3) to key lime(4.4) they are introducing new patches to cover things like global roaming with intellus antennae.
It's getting very confusing, which is why I always recommend rooting to block OTA updates

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

What the f&$@ does a :afro: do if you get a virus on a droid? My s4 freezes up constantly and I'm assuming I picked up a virus from music maniac. I'm sick of pulling he battery constantly.

Re: Re: Re: Recent Android update

Hillbilly said:
No idea on firmware. Tell me how to find out & I will. I'm on a droid m.

Settings>about phone, there it will list all of your stuff like number, battery stats and all of that.

Re: Re: Re: Recent Android update

mckeddie said:
What the f&$@ does a :afro: do if you get a virus on a droid? My s4 freezes up constantly and I'm assuming I picked up a virus from music maniac. I'm sick of pulling he battery constantly.

It's not a virus most of the time, it's bloatware(alot of stock **** you don't need that freaks out your phone), but if you will hold down your home button it will bring up your task manager and you will be able to see what is running. Even open to see what's drawing most of the processors attention.
The best thing you can do is root it and install titanium backup or something close and freeze those apps.

They updated to KITKAT. It sucks wish you could easily go back. Try reading on droid forums those people know how to do anything.

having issues on my droid razor since hte upgrade as well, worked fine for two days, now it won't access internet thru normal ways. I can search thru chrome, but the phone itself will not sync on its on. the clock will not update and when I check emails, it doesn't sync with the email page to recognize when I've rad an email, it still list it as unread. I tried to reset my gmail account, but each time it says unable to connect to internet. Spent two hours at Verizon last Friday, another hour on the phone with tech over hte weekend, another hour yesterday at verizon, they are saying its the phone

Re:

I called my service provider and left my opinions about the update with them. I assume they will send patches to fix some of the issues over time. Even so, they messed up on this update. Did they not test it before they pushed it through?

I downloaded a different texting app that seems will do the job. The rest of the features in the update I'll can live with and will be a matter of getting used to them.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Re:

Dave, I am not having those issues. Everything seems to work, its the process and layouts that are different.

Re: Re: Re:

afd516 said:
Dave, I am not having those issues. Everything seems to work, its the process and layouts that are different.

Same here. Im on a Droid Ultra and all I noticed was my battery and service meters changed from blue to white. Sumbitch may blow up tomorrow, but so far everything is normal.

Re:

afd516 said:
I called my service provider and left my opinions about the update with them. I assume they will send patches to fix some of the issues over time. Even so, they messed up on this update. Did they not test it before they pushed it through?

I downloaded a different texting app that seems will do the job. The rest of the features in the update I'll can live with and will be a matter of getting used to them.

what text app did you use?

Re:

Root your phones and run a custom OS. I've been running miui on my galaxy s4 for about a year.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Re:

I am trying out Go SMS Pro. I forgot about Handcent. I am going to try it out as well. One thing I've noticed about Go SMS is that there is no way to search your texts. That I can find anyway.

Wtf is "rooting" your phone? Sounds gay.

Can this cell phone dummy "root" his phone? I wouldn't know where to start. I've lost my WiFi/hotspot capabilities. that's what I want back.

Re:

Rooting is a seperate set of permissions on your phone to gain all access to the inner workings.
Over clock and voltage control to save battery, custom os to change everything and actually run AOSP like these phones are intended to.
I use trents rom on my note2 and you couldn't pay me to go back to touch wiz stock