• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Adoption update

We fly out for Utah in 3 days. Everything is a panic trying to get stuff situated at home/work. Babies heart rate is good. Mom is dilated to 4cm as of last Monday. We found a dirt cheap airstream right next to the hospital on Airbnb with awesome reviews and the rental car company knocked 20% off because we are adopting.

It's coming together quickly!

Thank ya sir. We can't wait. This week has felt like a month. I've got about 2 hours of work to do tomorrow and I'm done. Then we're taking dads pontoon boat out on Saturday with some friends as a last minute going away party. Hopefully that'll help time go by faster.

On a side note, I've neglected to mention that the night before the induction date, we are taking the birth mom out to dinner. We've only spoken with her on the phone for about 5 minutes. That ought to be interesting conversation. Last time we spoke she said she wanted to make sure we weren't abusive parents or were going to drop the baby on his head. Lol

He came early! We're busting ass and changing flights! Hope to be in Utah this afternoon!!

Made it in last night. He's incredible.

Birth mom just signed over her rights. With the exception of a couple minor details, its official. I'll post pics shortly.

This little dude is a champ! He ended up in the nicu to help with a few little things because the birth was so traumatic. But, He's getting stronger every day and is absolutely kicking butt and taking names. We should be going home before too long! Court tomorrow morning to finalize everything.
2cb0c17496bed2ad2575ab29bb1c29ac.jpg

The Luke said:
This little dude is a champ! He ended up in the nicu to help with a few little things because the birth was so traumatic. But, He's getting stronger every day and is absolutely kicking butt and taking names. We should be going home before too long! Court tomorrow morning to finalize everything.
2cb0c17496bed2ad2575ab29bb1c29ac.jpg

Man, I remember my son's 3 day stint in NICU for a pneumothorax. The most stressed I've ever been in my life, I may have slept 6 hrs total in that time frame. Congrats on the little guy and hope all is well.

BLGXJ said:
Man, I remember my son's 3 day stint in NICU for a pneumothorax. The most stressed I've ever been in my life, I may have slept 6 hrs total in that time frame. Congrats on the little guy and hope all is well.
Mine had that too. Had to suck the air out of his chest with a needle and reinflate his lung.
congrats man

I feel ya brother. Prepping for my boys 8th procedure on Wednesday. It shall be the easiest to date, but stop Lloyd takes its toll.

Some friendly advice. Limited knowledge of mother and father of the boy. Find and read some best sellers parenting books. They are generally garbage, but tend to have 1 or 2 things that apply to you and yours just before crisis mode. The info might not be important for 3-5 years, but when it does, you'll thank me. That and give 10 times the hugs and kisses you think they deserve. That includes momma and baby. Even though she didn't give birth, she is gonna whip your ass on baby duty and you should know your role in this.......and it's to make momma happy, to make her feel loved and to show appreciation for all she does,