• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Recommend me some tars!

The tires Timmie posted are the same tires and rims he ran on game changer and showtime, they climbed everything he pointed at :flipgotcha:
Now for us poor folks the nonsticky 43 sx is a helluva trail tire, you can't cut the side wall with sticks and rocks. Damn boggers and regular tsl find the sharp sticks and stones every time you ride. If you want a tire that will last and with some creative tread cutting will take you places. What happened to all the folkes calling sticky tires "cheaters"?

zebrajeep said:
If you're runnin' mostly Clayton and Hot Springs .........

Hands down BFG Krawler stickies!

39's are too small.

I think Im gona just look at some 42" TSL's....although there more expensive than SX's. I gotta call into Scott Goforth for some in the mornin. Im not cuttin a new tire, cant bring myself to do it. I might even look at some 16.5 stuff and build me a cheap set of H1's. Anywhere else you guys can recommend calling? 4WP aint got ****.

Dillehay said:
What happened to all the folkes calling sticky tires "cheaters"?

LOL, those people got tired of not making the same trails as the people with cheater tires.

Dillehay said:
The tires Timmie posted are the same tires and rims he ran on game changer and showtime, they climbed everything he pointed at :flipgotcha:
Now for us poor folks the nonsticky 43 sx is a helluva trail tire, you can't cut the side wall with sticks and rocks. Damn boggers and regular tsl find the sharp sticks and stones every time you ride. If you want a tire that will last and with some creative tread cutting will take you places. What happened to all the folkes calling sticky tires "cheaters"?

So what tires is Doug going to since he is selling the 43s? :fish:

Glen1978 said:
39's are too small.

I think Im gona just look at some 42" TSL's....although there more expensive than SX's. I gotta call into Scott Goforth for some in the mornin. Im not cuttin a new tire, cant bring myself to do it. I might even look at some 16.5 stuff and build me a cheap set of H1's. Anywhere else you guys can recommend calling? 4WP aint got ****.

Give CCOR a call. Ask for Bobby
+1 (706) 207-4140

You just have to run the small simple bead lock ring on the inside of the 17" wheel and it will clear your brakes. Best setup I've seen on a wheel and you will not have any troubles burping air.but you will have to turn down the lip and weld on beadlock ring so that you can mount the tire, if not you can't stretch the tire over the lip. And I agree with cole on the non stickies not bitting as good, but I've been wondering if most of them aren't loosing some traction due to running narrower wheels now with that tire, almost seems like a 8" wheel doesn't let a big tire set like it needs to, but they are definatly tough

If you decide to go the 17" route and can't find the right rings give me a shout and I will lazer you out a set, the inners would prob be about 240 plus shipping, and that's lazered not plasma which makes for a lot nicer ring

Cole said:
So what tires is Doug going to since he is selling the 43s? :fish:

You're not going to believe this............Doug and Timmie found some puncture proof airplane tires, little bit of grinding and cutting, some compound softner and damn ........now they have the best of both worlds! Know anybody wanna buy some?

No, that was a lie..........Matlock hooked him up with some STICKY 43's. :wtflol:

I guess all us other poor folks running regular 43's will just have to stick to the chicken trails.

Dillehay said:
You're not going to believe this............Doug and Timmie found some puncture proof airplane tires, little bit of grinding and cutting, some compound softner and damn ........now they have the best of both worlds! Know anybody wanna buy some?

No, that was a lie..........Matlock hooked him up with some STICKY 43's. :wtflol:

I guess all us other poor folks running regular 43's will just have to stick to the chicken trails.

Bahaha! Good laugh to start the day. Im fidna call Bobby back and see what he got.

Well here is the verdick folks.

$2133 to the door for 42" TSLs in 16.5 or 17. Or I can get a set of 43" non sticky SX tires with 5 trail rides (pretty brand new, no cuts, gouges, scrapes, etc) for $2000 shipped to the door.

I really like the SX's but dont wana battle with lost beads and looks like they kinda suck on the trail. Plain ole TSL's been around for years and years

Where this quote from Im looking at buying tires maybe this spring

Glen1978 said:
Well her is the verdick folks.

$2133 to the door for 42" TSLs in 16.5 or 17. Or I can get a set of 43" non sticky SX tires with 5 trail rides (pretty brand new, no cuts, gouges, scrapes, etc) for $2000 shipped to the door.

I really like the SX's but dont wana battle with lost beads and looks like they kinda suck on the trail. Plain ole TSL's been around for years and years

If you're going to cut or grooce on them at all, I'd get the SXs for the extra 2 inches of height @ 6 psi,& extra sidewall traction/protection. But it is impossible to go wrong with a tried and true TSL

But, with all that being said, if it was my money, I'd buy these and never look back. (If they're still available) http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=30532.0

Problem solved

Well gona keep listening to yalls replies.....I think Im leaning towards a 42"TSL and H1 rims. Tried and true combo there. Reading crap about the 43's not hookin, lugs poppin off, loosing beads, etc got me skeered. I was set on 17" rims but looking at threads on here and Buttpirate seems folks are having trouble with 17's in general popping beads.

There are two types of tires.....BFG and Free.....If they don't say BFG on the side then you better have gotten them for Free. :****:

39" red labels will out preform a 42" TSL on the trail 95% of the time. Best crawling/ Trail/ Comp./ tire HANDS DOWN! And as Cole has shown they are a pretty good bouncer/ rock racer tire as well.

Latest posts