• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reveal your age

stano said:
Regular or unleaded gasoline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular!

Had 3 channels and had to get up to change them on the dial. First microwave had dial timer and was around $500. Rode ATC-90's with balloon tires. When the 185 came out it was a MONSTER!!!

Rode in cars without seatbelts and hanging out the back window of the station wagon

kushKrawlin said:
Big ass antennas on the tops of houses.. Haha.

Ours was even on a big tower with a motor (that never worked) to rotate the antenna so we could pick up that 3rd channel. I can remember dad making me climb the tower at night in a snow storm to turn the antenna so he could watch a ballgame.

Got my first ATC110 in 1980. Biggest thing on the market at the time.

stano said:
Three on the tree?
Hell yes. :woot: Learned to drive an F100. No power steering and a 3 on the tree. I weighed probably 125 lbs and had to pull on the bottom of the steering wheel to get enough leverage to get the clutch to disengage. Thank got for dirt roads and the ability to spin the tires.
Dad said if I could figure it out I could drive anything else I sat in.

Mirroring most of y'all.

-Lived on gravel so no bikes, so I used to ride a horse to my friends house to go play.

-Not having to dial the full 10 digit phone number. We could dial just 4 for our local, or all 7 for any other one in the area code. My house was on a gang line, until I was 6 or 7 sharing it with all the neighbors on our road a few miles to the west. Then we got our own.

-Ford putting ****ing left hand threads on the left hand side of their trucks.

-When saving aluminum cans and selling then actually got you some good money.

-3 channels on the tv, or you could go our and hand rotate the antenna the hit the 4th, the 4th is the channel that had cartoons on it. (4, 5, 9, & 41) for KS peeps.

-Getting my drivers license at 14 years old.

-If we had bad coyotes I'd have a 30/30 on the gun rack in the highschool parking lot.

-When we'd dig a hole, and push an old barn into it, and light it on fire. Now all that old wood is super valuable for arts and crafts/etsy ****.

-You got 33"s, or you got a locker?

-square driveshafts, revolver shackles

-town cops would ask where the party is, so they could come drink with ya after their shift. Not bust ya.

-Getting stuck, borrowing the nearest farmers tractor and leaving a 6-pack on the seat was acceptable

Friday night videos on tv (one of three channels)..... Commodore 64 to play castle wolfenstein.... Honda Odyssey in the garage....Op shirts and tight rolled parachute pants lol.

42 myself

We always had a full size econoline van, dad built benches and a bed in it himself. We would ride around with the sliding side door open everyday, with one person sitting at the opening with his foot under the door edge to keep it from closing. He was an old school biker from the 60's; trained by Harley.

I'm 40 btw.

matt

I remember my parents getting a video disk player. 8 tracks were still in use. When I was in college the internet was not invented by Al Gore yet. I did take a computer processing class in college though. 42 here...

In 1995 I was 9. Green Day "Dookie" was current and I loved it.

Sega Genesis was the game console my family had in the mid 90s.

Fast forward to High school:

2002, if I saw a TJ on 33s that was locked in the rear, I thought it was awesome.

Got my first cell phone in 2003 when I was a junior.

Had a carbed 2.8 v6 cherokee on 32" BFG MTs, before they were offered with side lugs.

My senior year I also bought an 87 s10 with a crate 350. :driving:

The kids with a mid 90s Chevy, a 3" body lift with slash cut tips all thought they were king **** for sure.

Re: Re: Reveal your age

Elliott said:
When we started messing with nitrous we were actually running medical grade nitrous. 30 years ago
You mean like the 3 blue bottles here? Lol
c130c6283ae519b4197296c8d0b98533.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Re:

Im 30, standing in line to pay for gas that was 90 cent, I could fill up my 73 stingray for like 10 bucks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

30th6 said:
Im 30, standing in line to pay for gas that was 90 cent, I could fill up my 73 stingray for like 10 bucks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I'm 63. I remember during a gas war, gas was .19 a gal. Iv bought diesel in Georgia for .16 and home heating oil ( kerosene) .05 gal. I bought gas all the time for .28 and could get $2.00 and circle town all night. High test was 104 octane and you could put it in a camp stove. There you go.

Re:

I remember three wheelers, big wheels, my dad having a truck on 35's in the early 80's and that being huge, Dale Sr driving for Wrangler and Petty rocking STP, I recall when MTV played STP but before that had Remote Control, Real World, and Road Rules. I miss the days of Aetna Mountain and it all being open, running 44's made you king of the peanut butter hole. Riding all summer all over town on my bike with friends to the community pool, baseball, and comic shops. Got my first cell phone in 2001. I have seen nearly every Fast and Furious movie in the theaters. I have seen mudding, crawling, and now bouncing. I'm 35 and feeling it.