• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rock bouncer front axle beef???

wizzo said:
CTM shafts
1550004.jpg
What kind of comparison are we looking at with those ujoints? Either way, looks like I have some serious beef to choose from. thumb.gif

Beerj said:
What kind of comparison are we looking at with those ujoints? Either way, looks like I have some serious beef to choose from. thumb.gif

If I'm not mistaken, that is a dana 30/44 axle shaft joint.

Lol, nice. I guess a call to ctm or rcv is necessary? I'm not seeing these on either site. Curious about pricing.

Re:

Looks like a universal you would see in a steering shaft next to them big fawkers!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Looks like a universal you would see in a steering shaft next to them big fawkers!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yet still small compared to a Rockwell joint.

Has anyone taken notice of how Dale Larson connected his link and c/o on the driver's side? There's literally like 1" of tube showing. A truss will allow for the c/o but I'm hesitant about welding link tabs to the cast center.

Beerj said:
Has anyone taken notice of how Dale Larson connected his link and c/o on the driver's side? There's literally like 1" of tube showing. A truss will allow for the c/o but I'm hesitant about welding link tabs to the cast center.

I think DL uses a 99-04 axle which has more tube showing. Many with the 05+ axles cut a portion of the cast housing away to access more tube realestate.

Ah okay. I remembered seeing someone had cut the back side of the housing out but he used a 1 piece link/coilover mount that placed the c/o behind the axle. Didn't want that so I guess I erased the idea. I guess a truss with some housing notched would work. Thanks thumb.gif

Re: Re: Rock bouncer front axle beef???

patooyee said:
I think DL uses a 99-04 axle which has more tube showing. Many with the 05+ axles cut a portion of the cast housing away to access more tube realestate.
Nah he runs 05+

Slap the CO on the inner C.

This is mine. People on pirate have taken more cast off than I did. I'm not worried about it.
2c256da1e57f0818098de106163a0e02.jpg

b94ddebe73b83880525e05593659032d.jpg

That's the one I remember seeing. I figured the c/o can go on the truss. Notch out the casting like you did for the link.

Sweeeet. I don't know if I would upgrade a factory sd60 with these but I think they'd be high on my list of components for building an axle from scratch.

Beerj said:
Sweeeet. I don't know if I would upgrade a factory sd60 with these but I think they'd be high on my list of components for building an axle from scratch.
Heck yeah.

Looks like the possibility of the 05+ unit bearing becoming the "new standard" in off road beef is a real possibility.

I wonder if the fabricated knuckle guys are going to make compatible parts?

Also wonder what a set of WOD or EOR fab knuckles/Cs weighs vs stock 05+ bj parts vs Reid parts.

TBItoy said:
Also wonder what a set of WOD or EOR fab knuckles/Cs weighs vs stock 05+ bj parts vs Reid parts.

Just my hunch but I would think that anything with a spindle and bearing hub would be a good bit heavier than a UB.

bbone said:
So does this mean the WOD/EOR c's/knuckles have competition ?

No clue what their price point is but I doubt they can produce them as fast as Reid does.

Latest posts