• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sami Davis Jr gets a 2rz

BNBOFFROAD

Just like the title says ditching the 1.6 8v for a 16v 2.4 2rz out of a 2wd tacoma mated to a w59 4wd tacoma trans and a af1a geardrive case with 4.7to1s pics to follow

Got some parts today 2wd t100 rear sump oil pan for the 2rz to clear the front diff new pick up dip stick dipstick tube sealer etc
20130905_194755_zps27461eda.jpg
[/URL]

got the motor all cleaned up, removed wiring harness and labeled everything , removed intake that was broke from the wreck gotta find one of those now , still waiting on the man in the brown truck to bring me a ton of stuff

:gtfo:
BNBOFFROAD said:
Yea the reason im doing the 2rz vs the 3rz is it's more rev happy and I might put a supercharger on it

I thought they was close to the same just that the 3rz was bigger.

I'm going to be helping out with the wiring on this swap but I'm having trouble finding much info on pcm pinouts... anybody know a good source of info? Thanks!

You'll love it. I did a 3rz last winter & have been thoroughly enjoying it. 8)

I did my own harness. Found some good info on pirate, & using the FSM was able to get it all done. Looks like a 4 coil motor? If so, shoot me a PM with an email address & I can send you the FSM files.

yep he's got a 4 coil motor.. PM sent.. thanks! :drinkers:

i've done several ls harnesses but no yota's..

did you use the original o2's? if so what did you do about the mounting plates to the exhaust tube? we can fab something no problem but if something already available i'd rather spend the time on something else..

midnight_f150 said:
:gtfo:
I thought they was close to the same just that the 3rz was bigger.

3rz bigger bore and stroke plus balancing shafts dont let the 3rz rev as faster and also can go bad thats why all the ricers run the 2rz

ok some stuff came finally got the adapter for the gear case to bolt to the trans and also got this lror horse collar bracket and got it all bolted up :drinkers:

Are you going to just hook the rear end to the tcase? Lol Jk it is a lot longer setup! I had a similar setup but a 3rz I can't see a 2rz having more power but makes sense about less moving parts!

al1tonyota said:
Are you going to just hook the rear end to the tcase? Lol Jk it is a lot longer setup! I had a similar setup but a 3rz I can't see a 2rz having more power but makes sense about less moving parts!

Yea it's not too much longer my wheelbase is a lot longer then stock thou so I think I will be good might put the radiator in the back
I never said the 2rz made more power I said you can make more power with them more aftermarket parts and such

got the motor in and mounted , few issues thou my intake hits the master cylinder were the brake lines come out the passenger side does anyone know if there is a master cylinder that fits the stock samurai booster and the ports are on the drivers side ?

these are the motor mounts we made using the stock mount and a bushing