• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

school me on manual brakes?

For those running dual pedals ... how are they set up? Do you have to push both to get both axles to brake? That would seem annoying / borderline dangerous to me. I've seen some set up to where there is a bar welded to one that pushes the other so that one can be operated alone or both, but not both individually. I would think that would also be annoying since you'd never get full selectable use of individual axles?

Jwhit55 said:
I run dual peddles also but mine is just to single pedal set ups..

Nice job this weekend Jamie!

You mind posting a pic or two of your setup? I can imagine what two pedal setups looks like but are you guys doing anything to get the pedals closer together? seems like the setup would't be worth it unless the pedals were real close together like the ole john deere i grew up driving...

I'm going to weld a bar to the pedal that works the front brake. That will push the rear pedal down. That way it activates both. However since it won't be welded to the rear pedal and it will be above the pedal you could push just the rears. :dunno:

Eddyj said:
I'm going to weld a bar to the pedal that works the front brake. That will push the rear pedal down. That way it activates both. However since it won't be welded to the rear pedal and it will be above the pedal you could push just the rears. :dunno:

sounds like a tractor setup to me, probably work pretty good.

I've been searching for the info in this thread for 3 years. I have dual piston fords in the front and 3/4 chevys' in the rear, what size masters are folks running with these? I heard 3/4" and 1"? Thanks

yjwrangler95 said:
sounds like a tractor setup to me, probably work pretty good.

I've been searching for the info in this thread for 3 years. I have dual piston fords in the front and 3/4 chevys' in the rear, what size masters are folks running with these? I heard 3/4" and 1"? Thanks

I think if Im gonna run dual pedals I'd like it setup like the ole john deere i grew up driving with them really close together… problem is none of the pedal assemblies I'm finding seem to lend themselves to this…

3 people in this thread have posted that they run dual pedals but none will post what setup they're running? :wtflol:

From what I've read 1" MC would work for your ford calipers and ¾ or ? for the chevy's depending on what pedal ratio your planning on.. lots of good info on this in the brake bible on pirate

BUG-E J said:
I got same setup as Nate just 1 inch bore. I run a pedal and resevoir for front and one for rear.

do you have the ford dual pistons in the front and 3/4 chevy's in the rear? how does the pedal feel ?

zjtrey said:
which pedal setup are you running wizzo?

Like others have said it's two single pedals mounted side by side.

283406_948552072292_1230006_n.jpg

I'm 99% sure i'm going to run 7/8 both front and rear with ford's in the front and chevy's in the rear. Thoughts?

thats what i got out of the pirate thred as well. Two 3/4 masters, 7:1 pedal, 2lb residual valves and let it eat

yjwrangler95 said:
thats what i got out of the pirate thred as well. Two 3/4 masters, 7:1 pedal, 2lb residual valves and let it eat

That is what I bought for my buggy, running dual piston Ford super duty calipers on all 4 corners...

Should have test results in 3-5 years :flipoff1:

What about you guys running pinion brakes? Im in the process of building a set of Rockwells with one of pats pinion brakes on the rear and a willwood front wheel brake setup.

toreadorranger said:
What about you guys running pinion brakes? Im in the process of building a set of Rockwells with one of pats pinion brakes on the rear and a willwood front wheel brake setup.

I'm running a 1" MC right now. It works fine but I would be happier with 15/16 or 7/8 I think. Its a little short on travel and low on pressure. I think my pedal ratio is 7:1.

wizzo said:
I run dual pedals and mc's. Both 3/4 bore mc's. I've never had an issue jamming the pedels if needed, the pedals are very close together and if I want to front dig I just slide my foot over to only hold the rear brakes.

For the chevy calipers your running I would suggest 7/8's or 3/4 mc's if your using 7:1 wilwood pedals

That is very accurate. I had issues with my rear not bleeding with a 1" and listened to Wizzo, changed to a 7/8 and kept the proportioning valve on it. Was like new money.

As far as the setup with two pedals. I loved mine. They were VERY close together almost touching. Was never an issue to get a good foot on both. I considered welding a rod on the front side to make sure when front went back did also but it felt good without it so I didn't see the need.

My new rig has a single pedal and I really want to change it. Just lazy.

Latest posts