• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SETTC Where are the trucks ?

I don't know anything about this. Paying to show. But when TC shows up to a event they count on 200+ extra people to that event. Like stated some drivers draw fans. That means money. I have seen some other favors shown first hand . But favorites will always be favorites.

I love riding with people like the Bacons for fun . It does make for a great day..

I like watching Billstoy compete in a 4cyl buggy with the big boys and doing great, I also had a great time watching the 4cyl comp so if there was to be a series I would attend and watch and root the guys on I was there on July 4th watching and cheering. The drivers getting paid is like what I said it came through the tree line but I have heard it more than a few times don't know if its promoters or who it is. I also know that attendance has went way down at the AOP series and wonder why, Is there not enough action?

AOP holds a "big event" nearly every weekend of some type. Maybe it's like specials at Walmarts... "I'll catch it next week", but you still haven't 6 months later.

Re: Re: Re: SETTC Where are the trucks ?

rednecklights said:
I will pay you $5 to attend the Halloween ride 4 cyl comp at hpo.

you can be my guest of honor!
:'( I thought I was the only person getting paid to show!

rednecklights said:
I will pay you $5 to attend the Halloween ride 4 cyl comp at hpo.

you can be my guest of honor!

HAHAHAHA I will be there, how bout you bring me a light bar and I PAY you for it and come hang out and watch for free LOL I had a blast at the last one getting to watch and help out for a change.

tbacon38 said:
HAHAHAHA I will be there, how bout you bring me a light bar and I PAY you for it and come hang out and watch for free LOL I had a blast at the last one getting to watch and help out for a change.

X2 LOL. I'm off work that weekend I will try to be there.. Bring the lights I asked about a week ago..
Oh yea and that deep discount. It's A long hual from Varnell Ga.

Elliott said:
And the bad thing about smaller 4 cylinder type comps is they're not really spectator friendly, they usually won't bring a big crowd which is what would bring the money for pay outs.And don't get me wrong I like the smaller Buggys but it would be hard to run a series with them and it be profitable.Your seeing a lot of the downfalls play out with these series right now, by that I mean rules being over looked at every event, and favorites being picked. And several people are supposibly even getting paid to show up and race from the word in the woods.I mean dang that's playing favorites right off the bat.

In all honesty I pretty much stopped watching the bouncers because it's seems like no one really gives a **** about every other guy with a 4x4 out there that wants to have fun and challenge themselves and their rigs. The parks all want the bouncers because of the big bouncer crowd because they bring in the money and the big pay outs while every other guy is stuck watching on the sidelines. It's like it's bouncers or nothing. I'm trying to get a 4x4 Challenge event going twice a year at the local fairgrounds where I live and specifically target the average Joes who don't care about getting first place and only getting $800. That's $800 you didn't have yesterday, and granted your probably not going to be filmed my MadRam and be all over Youtube but at least someone paid attention to you and respects the fact that you don't have 50k to drop in a bouncer.

I don't know why it's a big deal, the bouncer fad has grown and established itself, bitching is not gonna change it. If you're a grass roots guy, then fawking go wheel! That's what we do! Been a long time since I been to a race event and myself and several others wheel ALL THE TIME! I could give 2 shits and a fawk less what the bouncer crowd does, they don't put a damper on the grass roots wheelers at all! Call your buddies or keep up with the threads in the trail ride section for the smaller type organized wheeling events and go do some crawling! Simple as that. Bitching about the bouncers will never change anything. I don't know of a single time a bouncer ever did anything that directly affected me, and they probably never will! If you ain't proud enough to do your own thing and not worry about what others are doing, you're doing it wrong! :****: :flipoff1:

TacomaJD said:
I don't know why it's a big deal, the bouncer fad has grown and established itself, bitching is not gonna change it. If you're a grass roots guy, then fawking go wheel! That's what we do! Been a long time since I been to a race event and myself and several others wheel ALL THE TIME! I could give 2 shits and a fawk less what the bouncer crowd does, they don't put a damper on the grass roots wheelers at all! Call your buddies or keep up with the threads in the trail ride section for the smaller type organized wheeling events and go do some crawling! Simple as that. Bitching about the bouncers will never change anything. I don't know of a single time a bouncer ever did anything that directly affected me, and they probably never will! If you ain't proud enough to do your own thing and not worry about what others are doing, you're doing it wrong! :****: :flipoff1:

I agree. I like going to a bouncer comp about once a year, mainly just to check out all the rigs, maybe pick up something about the fab/layout/design/etc that I can put to use in my own rigs.

I don't think there is that much of a demand for lower level race series for modified trail rigs, mainly because classes and rules get to be crazy because of the plethora of build platforms and mods that people make to their trail rigs to suit themselves, not some sanctioning body.

I don't necessarily think that rock bouncing has to be an extreme money sport either, hell look at Burkey's Riot buggy... Yeah it's flashy with the chrome and spikes and custom wrap (cosmetics), but it's really a low dollar rig compared to the Avenger, Plow Boy, Basler's BTF car, or any TC build... And he's doing pretty dang well against them. Or any of the Bacon boys buggies for that matter. No one can say they are not competive in their homebuilt machines...

IMO its a good thing for everyone when the "money" comes along. It moves r&d and improves technology and brings down the costs for all of us.

TBItoy said:
I agree. I like going to a bouncer comp about once a year, mainly just to check out all the rigs, maybe pick up something about the fab/layout/design/etc that I can put to use in my own rigs.

I don't think there is that much of a demand for lower level race series for modified trail rigs, mainly because classes and rules get to be crazy because of the plethora of build platforms and mods that people make to their trail rigs to suit themselves, not some sanctioning body.

I don't necessarily think that rock bouncing has to be an extreme money sport either, hell look at Burkey's Riot buggy, or any of the Bacon buggies... Yeah it's flashy with the chrome and spikes and custom wrap (cosmetics), but it's really a low dollar rig compared to the Avenger, Plow Boy, Basler's BTF car, or any TC build... And he's doing pretty dang well against them. Or any of the Bacon boys buggies for that matter. No one can say they are not competive in their homebuilt machines...

:wtflol: booyang

bjs92toy said:
It's gettin to be all about the money and not the sport...
its good to win alittle money, but most of us r still in the sport because we love it. it cost more than any of us could win to keep these bouncer running.