• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SETTC Where are the trucks ?

billstoy said:
Where are the trucks? Where are the Jeeps? Where are the truggies?
I love rock bouncers but their wearing them out right now.. But a tough truck comp. What does that have to do with rock bouncers..
I have talked to many others about this. Glad to see some stepping up to the 4 and 6 cyl crowd . This is great. I hope things like a tough truck comp. actually has trucks in the comp. This sport only grows if we include something for every one. I plan to support this any way I can. And most of us do this for fun.
Rock bouncing 50 times a year is getting to be a full time rich mans sport. Who has time and money to run and repair bouncers every week just to run next weekend.
To be real we must organize to appeal to other groups, draw competitors , to get sponsors , and to get spectators out to watch, for this to be worth it. There must be some money on the line. there must be a draw for spectators. just a topic for discussion . throw in your 2 cents.
ECORS this weekend at AOP. We have 7 different classes. UTV, Toyota Trail, 2wd buggy, Stock, Modified, and Unlimited. Something for just about everyone. 30 minute short course during the day, then a 2 hour endurance race in the dark! This will surely show who has the toughest truck and DRIVER! Come check it out!

Re: Re: Re: SETTC Where are the trucks ?

TBItoy said:
???

Not sure how to interpret the wtflol

Gonna leave it at that and what Randall said, most people have no clue what it takes.

tbacon38 said:
Gonna leave it at that and what Randall said, most people have no clue what it takes. I mean a set of stickies are 3,000 a fuel system is 4,500 so I don't think any "bouncer" is cheap by no means most stroker engines are upwards of 10,000 you get my point.

I think you missed my point about money a bit, I never said any legitimate bouncer was CHEAP. I was giving kudos to the guys building capable and competitive rigs for less than cubic yards of cash.

I may just be a hack job Toyota trail wheeler builder, but I'm well aware of the cost of components, and the effort that goes into building something. laughing1

More so, I was pointing out the things that certain buggies have that makes them extraordinarily more expensive... such as

>Large triple/quad bypass shocks at all 4 corners
>Light weight forged double beadlock wheels
>Custom built housing steering axles Front and Rear with fabricated 2.5 ton size steering knuckles, Trophy Truck 10" center sections, etc
>Self centering rear steer setup
>all aluminum LS stroker motors, aftermarket block large displacement small blocks
>fully race prepped 300m internals blah blah blah transmissions

Certain components as listed above can make one buggy cost 2x more than another...

I mean, your buggy does have a LOT of $ in the engine/engine management and is built really well, etc, BUT you DON'T have a $10,000 shock package on it, or $30,000 worth of axles and steering under it...... Yet you can still smoke a hill, and are apt to win any weekend.

Your dad was in the top running at the last AOP Bounty Hill, and a bunch of buggies that I am sure cost at least double didn't even make the first rock...

TBItoy said:
I think you missed my point about money a bit, I never said any legitimate bouncer was CHEAP. I was giving kudos to the guys building capable and competitive rigs for less than cubic yards of cash.

I may just be a hack job Toyota trail wheeler builder, but I'm well aware of the cost of components, and the effort that goes into building something. laughing1

More so, I was pointing out the things that certain buggies have that makes them extraordinarily more expensive... such as

>Large triple/quad bypass shocks at all 4 corners
>Light weight forged double beadlock wheels
>Custom built housing steering axles Front and Rear with fabricated 2.5 ton size steering knuckles, Trophy Truck 10" center sections, etc
>Self centering rear steer setup
>all aluminum LS stroker motors, aftermarket block large displacement small blocks
>fully race prepped 300m internals blah blah blah transmissions

Certain components as listed above can make one buggy cost 2x more than another...

I mean, your buggy does have a LOT of $ in the engine/engine management and is built really well, etc, BUT you DON'T have a $10,000 shock package on it, or $30,000 worth of axles and steering under it...... Yet you can still smoke a hill, and are apt to win any weekend.

Your dad was in the top running at the last AOP Bounty Hill, and a bunch of buggies that I am sure cost at least double didn't even make the first rock...

You sir are correct just goes to show what people can do with less.

And aint no such thing as a Yota Hack Job I trail rode one at the last 4cyl comp at AOP and had a blast, prolly the most fun I have had on a trail in a long time.

I don't care anything bout being a spectator and those big events equal little riding. Stick with your group, plan your own events, invite others. Pay less, ride more!

Cook a steak and crawl on :woot: :eat: