• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Slow leaking tire repairs

TreeClimber

Been running 37 Krawlers for years now, and I've got a slow leaker. Have dismounted the bead, and cleaned the sealing surfaces. Still leaks. Goes down from 30 psi to 3 psi in about 4 days.

Since I'm tired of constantly airing up the tire, I thought I'd pose the question to the forum;

What's your fix?

And I'd also consider putting an inner-tube inside it, but after searching around, I cannot find a correctly sized tube.

Thanks in advance...
Treeclimber

Been running 37 Krawlers for years now, and I've got a slow leaker. Have dismounted the bead, and cleaned the sealing surfaces. Still leaks. Goes down from 30 psi to 3 psi in about 4 days.

Since I'm tired of constantly airing up the tire, I thought I'd pose the question to the forum;

What's your fix?

And I'd also consider putting an inner-tube inside it, but after searching around, I cannot find a correctly sized tube.

Thanks in advance...
Treeclimber

Don't use that gunk stuff....just a giant mess. Probably bead. Try the tried and true windex over the tire to find where it's leaking.

Cut a chunk of firewood about 1/4" shorter than your axle clearance.

Park rig in garage, slide wood "pegleg" under axle on leaker side. Now tire leaks down a 1/4-1/2" and then stops cuz the axle rests on wood block.

Then next time ya take it out ya just drive off the block, presto!