• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spicer non greasable joints

85toyo

Long story short, I ended up receiving some of the wrong u joints and decided to give one a try. The regular 1410 greasable spicers went in no problem and feel great. The non greasable is super tight and doesn't feel right. Anybody have experience with these?

I run Em in axle shafts and some in drive shafts.. No issues. All I know is don't mix up caps, and don't ad any grease.. Oh and fyi , not sure if U knew or not, but I installed Every one of mine after burnin some Kush. :smoke:

Re: Re: Spicer non greasable joints

I've always run the non greaseable 5-806x without issues, this is the first I've broke in forever.
a043787b6e423fb861b6f47991f23fe5.jpg

Spicer 5-1350x in several rigs with no failures.
Btw, I run a big block 22re

Batmobile Will said:
The non greaseable joints are a lot stronger

I know they're stronger but a serviceable joint should last longer. Well the cups anyways.

Rokcrler said:
I've always run the non greaseable 5-806x without issues, this is the first I've broke in forever.
a043787b6e423fb861b6f47991f23fe5.jpg

Spicer 5-1350x in several rigs with no failures.
Btw, I run a big block 22re

Those cheater tires break all kinds of stuff.

What I'm wanting to know is if a non greasable joint is noticeably tighter than a greasable joint. Maybe I just screwed up on the install :dunno:
The other 4 regular joints I installed went in fine so I find it strange that I would have messed up on just this one.

Hit a beefy part of the yoke around the joint with a hammer and recheck tightness. If the joint is in a bind it will loosen a good bit. I have to do this on almost all the u-joint I put in.

RustyC said:
Hit a beefy part of the yoke around the joint with a hammer and recheck tightness. If the joint is in a bind it will loosen a good bit. I have to do this on almost all the u-joint I put in.

I will give that a try when I get back in the shop this weekend.

kushKrawlin said:
How long did u run it before it broke? Just curious .. As I have them In my rig. Gives me something else to worry about. Ha

youll be alright, ive seen vids of you driving :****:

Batmobile Will said:
Ok they are black washers in the caps sometimes they stick on end of u-joints and it gets a double washer in one cap , just a ideal

I was actually just thinking about that. I will double check it.