• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Spider 9's and Ultimate 60 Knuckles

pbmcauliffe

Yes, I am excited they showed up,
Yes, these photos are also posted on my build-up thread
Yes, these are bad-a$$
Yes, I got two housings, but the garbage can could only hold the knuckles and one housing.

projects452tp7.jpg

projects453km9.jpg

projects454sy2.jpg

I will own these within the next 6 months.:flipoff:

Good to see there shipping these now!

Did you go with the v1-v2 ?

Last edited:
tclong said:
I will own these within the next 6 months.:flipoff:

Good to see there shipping these now!

Did you go with the v1-v2 ?

The housings are shipping, the knuckles were a kinda pre-release deal, but they are avail. soon
They are the V2 ones, uses the Ford F350 unit bearing (Spidertrax version is broached for 35 spline) in any bolt pattern and will run the 14" rotors with Wilwood calipers in the front, 13" rear.

Not sure on the seal location yet, forgot to ask.

pbmcauliffe said:
The housings are shipping, the knuckles were a kinda pre-release deal, but they are avail. soon
They are the V2 ones, uses the Ford F350 unit bearing (Spidertrax version is broached for 35 spline) in any bolt pattern and will run the 14" rotors with Wilwood calipers in the front, 13" rear.

Not sure on the seal location yet, forgot to ask.

Seal locations should be inside the tubes where the 3rd plugs in.

The bearings are cool simply becasue they are a single piece...the downside are the large ruber metal gasket/discs used for sealing the backside...I've been running mine (got'm used) for about 6 years now. I think one is developing a slight rough spot.

Last edited:
They're only releasing the V2's for now, I almost ordered a set of these before Crash talked me out of a 9" center. Those knuckles are bling! :cool:

Heres the spec sheet for these knuckles from spidertax.

There is simply no knuckle on the market as innovative and practical as the upcoming Spidertrax Ultimate 60 Knuckle. We have developed two versions of this knuckle; V1 is used with Dodge 1/2 Ton Unit Bearings and V2 is used with Ford F350/F450 1 Ton Unit Bearings. Although V2 Ford Unit Bearings have become standard for competition rock crawlers (along with offering aftermarket options for locking hubs), V1 Dodge Unit Bearings run almost half the price and are more compact. So we plan on offering both V1 and V2 knuckles. Expect to see the V2 released to the public first though. Some key advantages of both versions are:

Light Weight - These knuckles blow away the competition when it comes to weight. Our complete knuckle set (inner & outer for both sides) sits at 45 lbs. (V1) and 57 lbs. (V2), roughly 2.6 times less weight then OEM style 60s! Heavy doesn't mean strong either. With over 2 years of competition testing, these knuckles are every bit as strong as OEM and other aftermarket 60 knuckles.

Compact Design - This knuckle hugs the u-joint tighter then any OEM or aftermarket design currently on the market. This allows for a more compact setup while achieving an impressive 50° of steering angle.

Serviceability - The use of a spherical ball & race combo eliminates the bulk and weakness of standard ball joint setups and provides a much simpler package then kingpins. These spherical setups are designed specifically for axial loading (8000 lbs. ea. / 16,000 lbs. per knuckle!) and can handle plenty of punishment. Plus the use of two 3/4" shoulder bolts per knuckle allows for easy assembly and disassembly.

Cost - Laser cut, high precision CNC & formed steel eliminates the common high price tag on casted knuckles. Estimated target price is right around $799 for a complete set of inner and outer knuckles (both sides)!

pbmcauliffe said:

:cool:

dr drae said:
They're only releasing the V2's for now, I almost ordered a set of these before Crash talked me out of a 9" center. Those knuckles are bling! :cool:

:wtf:

And that is the only persons opinion you care about or what?

Then maybe I should rethink buying these to! Yeah right! Crash talked you out of it because you will have far more diff clearance than a prorock with these housings.

Lets hear it crash why did you talk him out of a 9"?

dr drae If you don't what to go with a 9" 3rd whats stopping you from welding the v2s to a 60 housing or prorock housing for that matter?

tclong said:
:wtf:

And that is the only persons opinion you care about or what?

Then maybe I should rethink buying these to! Yeah right! Crash talked you out of it because you will have far more diff clearance than a prorock with these housings.

Lets hear it crash why did you talk him out of a 9"?

dr drae If you don't what to go with a 9" 3rd whats stopping you from welding the v2s to a 60 housing or prorock housing for that matter?

Actually, lot's of peoples had different opinions, 9" vs rockwells vs 60's, I decided 60's would be the way to go for what I wanted, I was just pitching Crashey poo some **** cuz he was the last guy I was discussing it with. I had actually considered the V2's on another housing cuz they're so bling, but fell into the pair of 60's I have now for a smokin deal, too good to pass up!

dr drae said:
Actually, lot's of peoples had different opinions, 9" vs rockwells vs 60's, I decided 60's would be the way to go for what I wanted, I was just pitching Crashey poo some **** cuz he was the last guy I was discussing it with. I had actually considered the V2's on another housing cuz they're so bling, but fell into the pair of 60's I have now for a smokin deal, too good to pass up!

OK I see

You bought those axles in the last months or so Right? I remember the tread That was a good deal!

tclong said:
OK I see

You bought those axles in the last months or so Right? I remember the tread That was a good deal!
Yeah, guess is was about a month ago. And yes, it was a good deal! :cool:

Latest posts