• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SRRS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SRRS

Doesn't social media suck ass!!??

I mean truthfully, if the only way anyone found out about that little razor crash/XJ fatality, was word of mouth or if you were actually there, pretty much zero people would have beef about it.

Sucks in my opinion!! I think if you me or anyone wants to park our rig 5 1/2 feet from the entrance to a full throttle climb, we take a certain risk by doing that. If I get mad at the dude who landed on me and I mouth off and get my tooth knocked out, didn't I deserve it. By being a screaming bitch about it, am I not just putting my responsibility on someone else??!? Stupid

I personally love having the freedom to endanger my own life if I choose to, which also puts me in charge of my own life.

As soon as we put other people in charge of making choices for us, where does it end??

Re: SRRS

LightBnDr said:
Doesn't social media suck ass!!??

I mean truthfully, if the only way anyone found out about that little razor crash/XJ fatality, was word of mouth or if you were actually there, pretty much zero people would have beef about it.

Sucks in my opinion!! I think if you me or anyone wants to park our rig 5 1/2 feet from the entrance to a full throttle climb, we take a certain risk by doing that. If I get mad at the dude who landed on me and I mouth off and get my tooth knocked out, didn't I deserve it. By being a screaming bitch about it, am I not just putting my responsibility on someone else??!? Stupid

I personally love having the freedom to endanger my own life if I choose to, which also puts me in charge of my own life.

As soon as we put other people in charge of making choices for us, where does it end??

You and I would get along great. I echo your sentiment. Let people be as dumb as they want to be...but also hold them accountable for their own decisions.

"My life sucks! I live in an area where there are multiple racing series that draw thousands of people and I have tons of different wheeling places all within a few hours! Waaaaaaa. "

This is all I hear when I read threads like these.

Neal3000 said:
Has anything ever brought more bullshit drama to our sport and forum than the racers and promotors of srrs?

Agreed... other than add the other series into that as well.. Hell with it. I`ll be getting my TJ ready for next ride. Ya`ll just don`t get all the damn parks closed down before then please. LOL

muddinmetal said:
Does anyone think insurance may be the reason there are no comps at Morris Mountain these days :dunno:

Insurance isn't really the issue. Some event promoters even have their own policies that cover them and the venue when they hold a comp.

We are still open to doing comps, and have been contacted by some promoters about holding them here, but scheduling conflicts prevented it from happening this year. Hopefully, next year will be different.

I would love to do another Rock Rally. Those types of grass roots comps have always been my favorite because you don't need to be an established racer/competitor to enter, and they are usually more fun for the participants due to everyone not taking things so seriously.

MMountain said:
I would love to do another Rock Rally. Those types of grass roots comps have always been my favorite, because you don't need to be an established racer/competitor to enter and they are usually more fun for the participants due to everyone not taking things so seriously.

I really hope y'all can pull this off :woot:

MMountain said:
Insurance isn't really the issue. Some event promoters even have their own policies that cover them and the venue when they hold a comp.

We are still open to doing comps, and have been contacted by some promoters about holding them here, but scheduling conflicts prevented it from happening this year. Hopefully, next year will be different.

I would love to do another Rock Rally. Those types of grass roots comps have always been my favorite because you don't need to be an established racer/competitor to enter, and they are usually more fun for the participants due to everyone not taking things so seriously.

Randy you know my sentiments about another Rock Rally! booyang :driving: booyang :driving:

bad80cj said:
Randy you know my sentiments about another Rock Rally! booyang :driving: booyang :driving:

Now there's a race idea Stevo booyang :driving: booyang :driving: booyang :driving:

Race a dirt bike (preferably a fitty) around a given course, then get off it and race your buggy/ crawler around another course, then pass it to your team mate to race the same courses. (insert light bulb)

HELL YAHHH Winner winner Keystone dinner :drinkers:

And somewhere in there throw in the whole running circles with a bat between your forehead and the ground thing, just for comic relief. ;D

grcthird said:
And somewhere in there throw in the whole running circles with a bat between your forehead and the ground thing, just for comic relief. ;D

It just keeps getting better. :woot:

Jimmy was not interested when I brought it up to him a dew months ago. But I would be more than happy to help make it happen

CHASMAN9 said:
Now there's a race idea Stevo booyang :driving: booyang :driving: booyang :driving:

Race a dirt bike (preferably a fitty) around a given course, then get off it and race your buggy/ crawler around another course, then pass it to your team mate to race the same courses. (insert light bulb)

HELL YAHHH Winner winner Keystone dinner :drinkers:

I'll provide the fiddy !

The way I see this situation. 1 biggest mistake is asking everybodys opinion
2. what percentage of comments are from true racers that participate in the events ( I assume the % is very very low)
3. SRRS is owned by clyde Bynum ( so far has built a race series that is growing)
4. Safety is of most importance
5. If srrs wants to make rules for there series who are we to tell him what to do.
6. Thanksgiving is here, Christmas is right around the corner, Obama is gonna be gone in a few months, life is good so lets enjoy it
7. If I were a racer that is wanting to race, check out all the series and choose one that works for you and go have fun
8. thanks and this is my story and I am sticking to it..

truckbroke said:
Agreed... other than add the other series into that as well.. Hell with it. I`ll be getting my TJ ready for next ride. Ya`ll just don`t get all the damn parks closed down before then please. LOL

If we started a post that said racers only please. Would that help the drama or would yall comment a bunch of bull **** in there to. Just wondering

Freaknick said:
If we started a post that said racers only please. Would that help the drama or would yall comment a bunch of bull **** in there to. Just wondering

If fans / supporters of SRRS are the only ones posting and you care so little about what they think why are you even here? Just go away. No one is forcing you to read or post.

Besides, half you racers are illiterate and the other half don't know how to use a computer. If SRRS fans and supporters didn't post it would be an empty room. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.