• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

stall ?

57fever

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for a converter for the buggy. Ls1 540 gear 3.0 atlas tci 350 manual valve body trans 3500lb buggy. Talked to the guys at TCI they say run the circle track converter around 2300 stall 26#. Friends say to run the lowest stall I can get stock converter. What do you guys think? What do you run? I was thinking the circle track converter. What do I know. HELP
Thanks
Mike

I would run tighter than that with your combo. Is your engine mostly stock? Tire size? Stock stall will probably pull through the brakes some but not bad. You might like just a little looser than stock to prevent that (1600 rpm or so rating but will start to pull lower in low range). I talk to Tim at PTC in Muscle Shoals. They do a good many of these for crawlers.

Always nice to have a little stall so you can smack the tires harder when you need to, and pulling through the brakes sucks when your in a tight spot on a hill.

If you are running 39" tires you are the same set up as me except I have a Th400. I am running a 2700 stall and it is just right.

Only bad thing is a 3000g stall is not much fun to ride around with in the woods, and is going to build alot of transmission temp.That being said we use to run a 5200 convertor on the street so its how much you can live with personally.