• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stupid People

wont work said:
Summers off would be nice but I work so that I can afford hobbies and to live. Been teaching 10 years and work more hrs now than befor I started teaching welding.

I know what you mean. I work on equipment out of my garage year round on top of the teaching. I found cars were just too much hassle to take here. I mainly just work on skid steers, mini ex's, backhoes, and tractors to fund my hobbies.

Scarecrow said:
I would say 30-40% of them can not read or use a ruler, tell time on a face clock or write in cursive.

Off topic but, Seriously? That is 3rd grade curriculum. That is scary.

1tonyj said:
Pholmann and Scarecrow....much respect to u gentlemen for the job u do.

X100 :dblthumb:

Coma1 said:

They teach face clock reading in 1st!

There are some things that I honestly can't remember NOT knowing... Like how to measure stuff with a tape measure...

Re: Re: Stupid People

fc25deeb9568ec87abdf11c3b8c08699.jpg
What's so hard about reading a tape measure? Any moron can tell ya that I'm 4 inches, 5 feet away from this wall!

Coma1 said:

He is not joking. Most cannot read. And....the state just labels them as having a reading disability. So long into short they basically just hand them a big crutch to lean against and use as an excuse to not have to read. No child left behind my ass. Leaving them all behind.

It is worth it when you have a really good group and it makes you feel pretty good when a student who graduated several years ago stops by just to say hi and catch up.

That ruler thing does blow my mind, I'm working on my 12th year and seems like the last 10 I've been dealing with kids that can't tell Inches from Centimeters or measure something and tell me how many inches it is. The clock thing I can't tell if they really don't know or are just to lazy to think about it. I'm almost certain most all of mine can read but some will refuse to do assignments they don't want to do, like reading. That bugs me the most, the unwillingness to work for or earn a grade, to choose ignorance over knowledge or skill.

I'll address the stupid driver post as well, my duty station at school is to monitor the student parking lot after school and the amount of people driving while texting is down right frightening. I generally wait 30 minutes after the parking lot clears to go home just to be on the safe side.

All in all I enjoy my job a lot, even the bad days could be worse.

I'll get off my soap box and count my blessings, cause they are many.

Our school system had a mock election and let all students vote. No big deal they have been doing it for years. There are people on Facebook who heard they were taking the votes to Nashville and counting them. These people have literally gone crazy thinking that their kids votes are going to be counted. To make it worse the antagonizers have convinced this small group to file a grievance with the election commission and the FBI. It is freaking ridiculous. They threatened to call the news and expose the whole scheme nationwide :dunno: :rolf:

I work in an ER at the only major hospital in the area besides flying to UAB..

I pretty much see stupid people all day, especially half of the psych patients.. I swear only about 5% of the patients we see need to be there. And there's the 0.1% that come in with a headache and you find cancer or something.. That 0.1% makes it impossible to turn away the 95% that need to go to their regular doctor!

I'm trying to think of a good story and maintain HIPPA..

We had a patient who thought they were the president.. Came in decked out in a 3 piece suit. Wanted to be called Mr. President. The whole nine yards.

Another one is a wanna-be transgender dude with no teeth, purple hair, and painted on eyebrows.. He's a regular.

I swear 50-60 y/o black men are the whiniest patients. They were literally cry and moan about getting stuck and scream when you stick em. Its ridiculous.

Dwill817 said:
I work in an ER at the only major hospital in the area besides flying to UAB..

I pretty much see stupid people all day, especially half of the psych patients.. I swear only about 5% of the patients we see need to be there. And there's the 0.1% that come in with a headache and you find cancer or something.. That 0.1% makes it impossible to turn away the 95% that need to go to their regular doctor!

I'm trying to think of a good story and maintain HIPPA..

We had a patient who thought they were the president.. Came in decked out in a 3 piece suit. Wanted to be called Mr. President. The whole nine yards.

Another one is a wanna-be transgender dude with no teeth, purple hair, and painted on eyebrows.. He's a regular.

I swear 50-60 y/o black men are the whiniest patients. They were literally cry and moan about getting stuck and scream when you stick em. Its ridiculous.

My wife tells all her stories to friends, but when I post a "wife said..." story on here, she goes NUTS. She says, "I could lose my job for that!" I'm like, "Bitch, you told half of South Knoxville what you did at work yesterday!" ::)

5BrothersFabrication said:
My wife tells all her stories to friends, but when I post a "wife said..." story on here, she goes NUTS. She says, "I could lose my job for that!" I'm like, "Bitch, I apologize honey, butyou told half of South Knoxville what you did at work yesterday! So I thought it would be ok if I told a few of my friends" ::)

Fixed it.