• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stupid People

Ah c'mon, what's stupid? Every home schooled kid I have ever known is very smart, well mannered and tests on average 2 grades higher than their age group academically.

Won't argue that they are socially challenged sometimes. That also comes from parenting decisions lacking in outside activities. When home schooled kids are engaged in club sports and multiple activities, they aren't so abnormal.

I think I know one guy for sure that can out squeeze me on the scale. Lol and he ain't retarded and doesn't have down syndrome.

rednecklights said:
At the cost of being socially retarded in many cases.

I went to private school that allowed home schooled children to attend a class or two a week , they were typically far immature compared to others in there age groups and lacked some of the simple social skills. I was amazed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2. I have 4 nieces and nephews that are home schooled. My sister recently started sending them to a private Christian school 2 or 3 days a week. I'm sooooo freakin glad. Hoping they will catch up socially. They are all extremely smart. Their mom (my sister) was high school valedictorian and graduated in the top 5% of her college class and their dad is a pediatric cardiologist who is waaaay smarter than my sister. They were on track to be social retards anyway. They are learning good people skills now even though it is in their sheltered little bubble. I went to public school until I was expelled for excessive fighting then was home schooled for two years for punishment. That was 6th and 7th grade. By far the worst two years of my life. I was then sent to a private school where I struggled to maintain enrollment due to disciplinary issues. I was amazed how behind I was socially when I hit 8th grade just from 2 years of homeschool. It took about a semester to catch back up to where I should have been socially. I would say football helped to get me back where I needed to be.

Re:

I don't have kids yet but with the direction schools are headed these days by the time I have school aged kids they very well end up home schooled unless I can find a private school that won't fill their head full of bullshit and lies.

I hated private school. I wanted to go back to public school but my parents wouldn't hear of it. I suppose it was a blessing in disguise. I got a really good education and they put up with more of my rebellious bullshit than public school would have simply because I had two sisters there at the same time. Hard to kick one out without pissing the parent off and causing them to yank the other two I suppose. I work in the public school system in an inner city school. You'd be appalled at the **** I see. I've caught kids ****ing out in the open, lots of fights, lots of drugs. It's amazing to me how open the kids are with sending nude pics of themselves.

I just wanted to tell about me forgetting my families sammiches and the two db chicks at the gym who couldn't figure out why their GPS watches wouldn't work on a stationary treadmill. I didn't mean to start whooping up in homeschool kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work Fire/EMS. Stupid people encompass a solid 90% of our call volume. ..the other 10% are poor bastards like us that get caught up unknowingly in a situation caused by these stupid people! I say this not to diminish the grateful nature of those that have a legitimate need for a true rescue or life saving intervention but to point out the fact that so many people seem to live life in a fog ...oblivious to their surroundings and others.

I'm glad I'm not alone in this, not the homeschool stuff though. I have several relatives whose kids are homeschooled and are great kids and very intelligent. They are a little socially awkward, but so am I and I went to public school.

Back to the point, I teach 10-12 graders and am amazed daily at the things they do and say. I would say 30-40% of them can not read or use a ruler, tell time on a face clock or write in cursive. what is even more scary is the lack of problem solving skills in what may be the majority of them. And the things they say and talk about with no shame is astonishing to say the least, absolutely no shame. If you've been a teacher you know that good and bad groups come and go, I had some great students the last 2 years but this year :eek:. I never thought that technological advancements (internet, cell phones, computers) were bad but seeing the results of growing up DEPENDENT on them makes me think otherwise. My wife and I always thought we would rather send our children to public school but this year we have second guessed that notion.

Albert Einstein — 'I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.'

Scarecrow said:
I'm glad I'm not alone in this, not the homeschool stuff though. I have several relatives whose kids are homeschooled and are great kids and very intelligent. They are a little socially awkward, but so am I and I went to public school.

Back to the point, I teach 10-12 graders and am amazed daily at the things they do and say. I would say 30-40% of them can not read or use a ruler, tell time on a face clock or write in cursive. what is even more scary is the lack of problem solving skills in what may be the majority of them. And the things they say and talk about with no shame is astonishing to say the least, absolutely no shame. If you've been a teacher you know that good and bad groups come and go, I had some great students the last 2 years but this year :eek:. I never thought that technological advancements (internet, cell phones, computers) were bad but seeing the results of growing up DEPENDENT on them makes me think otherwise. My wife and I always thought we would rather send our children to public school but this year we have second guessed that notion.

Albert Einstein — 'I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.'

I know exactly what you mean. I teach 9-12. They do NOT know fractions at all. I ask them how many 16ths are in an inch. I get some dumb ass answers. I had some really good kids the last couple years, Smart, self starters and have a work ethic. This year im with you. I don't know what happened. Nothing like the last group.

Pholmann and Scarecrow....much respect to u gentlemen for the job u do. My wife is a middle school teacher so i hear the stories first hand...there's no way I'd trade jobs with u guys for any amount of money. :****:

My wife says the same. That being said there is a lot of personal investment that goes into those kids.....not just anyone can be a good teacher...u gotta love it. Hey look! Another derail lol.

pholmann said:
It's actually quite rewarding. There's a few that make the job worth it. Summers off helps too.

Summers off would be nice but I work so that I can afford hobbies and to live. Been teaching 10 years and work more hrs now than befor I started teaching welding.

I'm watching the news, been watching for hours, some genius tried to pelt a newscaster and camera man earlier shot pans out to them pulled over in his truck by a police truck....

Driving in Hixson today off Hixson Pike Dodge Ram 1500 off the road on it's side and four feet below the road dude looks fried probably drinking or drug maybe shock. Distracted drivers have ruined our roads from a safety standpoint....

1tonyj said:
I work Fire/EMS. Stupid people encompass a solid 90% of our call volume. ..the other 10% are poor bastards like us that get caught up unknowingly in a situation caused by these stupid people! I say this not to diminish the grateful nature of those that have a legitimate need for a true rescue or life saving intervention but to point out the fact that so many people seem to live life in a fog ...oblivious to their surroundings and others.
I also work in the fire / rescue services and we have a saying " nobody calls 911 because they did something smart"