• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stu's new ride

If I can't make these work chad I might hit ya up :redneck:

So I got the bench seat pulled and shifters yanked..

stu-19.jpg

So while I am under the rig I am going to throw a new clutch in.

So I was unfamiliar with what tranny the rig had so upon some research I found it to be a forward shift W56-D.

stu-20.jpg

So since the used adapter was setup for a top shift I plan on gutting the forward shift case thats in the rig and grab one of the many top shift cases and throw that behind it.

stu-21.jpg

Putting along..

I got the doubler built and installed on the tranny. So after I bolted it up I noticed a roller from a bearing--long thin one--like from the bearing that the input/output bearing mate with.

So I quickly yanked it off and took a peek and yup somehow it got knocked out of the cage and fell out. I had to do a quick tear down and correct it and luckily the sealer was still very soft,lol.

stu-22.jpg

Went thru the t-cases and grabbed the best one/cleaned it up and threw it on.

stu-23.jpg

So that whole mess is done and ready to go back in when I am ready for it.

So I decided to toss the newly resurfaced flywheel on and planned on throwing the new clutch in...

So the rig came with a new centerforce I clutch and I had checked the part number on the box and I "had" thought the truck was a 92'--which the part # matched up.

stu-24.jpg

stu-25.jpg

Well the pressure plate was larger so I did some more checking and come to find out the truck was a 91'--DOH... In 92' they either increased the flywheel size a tad or the pressure plate simply is not the right one..

In 92 they switched to using turbo/V6 components in 4 cylinder applications. The clutch size increased to somewhere around 9 5/16" from 8 7/8". The master cylinder also jumped up to 1" and the calipers were all 4 large piston vs 2 large/2 small.

In 92 they switched to using turbo/V6 components in 4 cylinder applications. The clutch size increased to somewhere around 9 5/16" from 8 7/8". The master cylinder also jumped up to 1" and the calipers were all 4 large piston vs 2 large/2 small.

That makes perfect sense...

I have been poking along on this...

I removed what I wanted from both frame rails...

stu-27.jpg

stu-28.jpg

Installed the new clutch and tranny/t-case assembly and fitted the x-member and started building new mounts.

stu-29.jpg

So Stu stopped by with more goodies..

stu-30.jpg

The hardest part fore me doing these is getting that first tube length figured out...

stu-31.jpg

So I threw the front tires on just so I could get them out of my way and also see how the stance was--good and low. It does sit a little over an inch low in the rear so I will look into that after the front stuff is completed.

stu-40.jpg

stu-41.jpg

stu-42.jpg

is it getting a heavy bumper and winch? if so it might level out........ unless you need that inch in the rear.

"very possible"--he's looking at possibly grabbing a winch since we talked about making sure this thing is pretty well setup to run for about a year where we go to stage 2...

Latest posts