• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sunday 01/20/08, Sadie Creek

TreeClimber

Jeeptech 1 and TreeClimber are heading to Sadie Creek, up in the Olympic Peninsula on 01/20/08. Looking for fools, er, rigs that want to have fun. The trail is remarkably tight, and can be very slippery in the winter and early spring months. Should be a short wheelbase, reasonable mud/traction tire, prefer to have at least one locker, and winches are not-unused.

I only have ran the trail on one prior occassion, and it was dry, very tight with left-right-left-right turns. In the winter, hopefully the slickery-slippery will increase and give a fun run.

If you're looking to camp, the Olympics offer some beautiful camping at Salt-Creek Campground, not far from the trailhead.

Looking for other who want to try something new.

Sadie Creek

: I'll definately go, maybe a couple other rigs too. This trail is getting pretty nasty, and there is a new "Loop" cause of some scheduled logging. Been running this trail quite frequently, EXPECT BODY DAMAGE!:fawkdancesmiley:

: I'll definately go, maybe a couple other rigs too. This trail is getting pretty nasty, and there is a new "Loop" cause of some scheduled logging. Been running this trail quite frequently, EXPECT BODY DAMAGE!:fawkdancesmiley:

You said the same thing about the evans trip.....your a no show!!!!:haha: :haha: :haha:

Where exactly is this and what are we talking when it comes to mud tires? Big mud holes......slimy trails???????Bobby and I might come up and run this with you. Do you have pics of any of the trails ?Any fun technical stuff to fart around on?

Where exactly is this and what are we talking when it comes to mud tires? Big mud holes......slimy trails???????Bobby and I might come up and run this with you. Do you have pics of any of the trails ?Any fun technical stuff to fart around on?

It's up past Port Angeles, on the coast, damn near the ocean. The trail when I ran it had no mud holes or fun technical stuff. It was a left-right-left-right two or three mile loop. Very tight, probably like Busywild was about 20 years ago. You go downhill for a while, then eventually go back up in a giant circle. The hill is known to get slimy muddy, which could be fun. I only ran it during one spring and it was dry and technical, but boring. We thought then that it would be fun to run it during the wet season as it looks like it could be very very slippery. All the locals warn of body damage, but I experienced none and I drive relatively fast and carefree. Now, if it's a slick, well that could be a different trip.

Id hate to make that trip and have it not be fun.........anyway someone could give some trail updates before then?

Everytime I have ran it is in late spring (memorial day weekends). But its always been very slippery and caused lots of body damage for me atleast. Both doors caved in, windshield cracked, broken mirror's, Soft top ripped, etc..

So drop the tops and windshields if you can. There's one hill in particular that is going to be fun. You go up snaking your way through the tree's, and its tight. (hands and heads in please)

Anyways take pics. I'm thinking about going the next weekend. Kinda curious if there is any snow. I doubt there is being that close the the water, but who knows....

Everytime I have ran it is in late spring (memorial day weekends). But its always been very slippery and caused lots of body damage for me atleast. Both doors caved in, windshield cracked, broken mirror's, Soft top ripped, etc..

So drop the tops and windshields if you can. There's one hill in particular that is going to be fun. You go up snaking your way through the tree's, and its tight. (hands and heads in please)

Anyways take pics. I'm thinking about going the next weekend. Kinda curious if there is any snow. I doubt there is being that close the the water, but who knows....

Thats cause you cant see where to drive being so short and having such a long hood to try and see over!!!!Its not your fault...its just the way god made you!!!!:fawkdancesmiley: :haha:

I'll swing thought the that area on Wed. and let you know what it looks like. normally it snows pretty good just west of Cresent lake so there might be snow. I just love having to chain up going up the hill from the lake...:cheer: ...

I'll swing thought the that area on Wed. and let you know what it looks like. normally it snows pretty good just west of Cresent lake so there might be snow. I just love having to chain up going up the hill from the lake...:cheer: ...

Thats a long steep drawn out hill. I toasted a tranny in my old works 2002 dodge cummins going up that with 130 semi truck tires on a trailer. Made for a very long day. That lake is one of the most senic drives.

Latest posts