• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sunday 01/20/08, Sadie Creek

how long is the new loop?

Not Really a new loop, just a bypass to avoid the schedulrd logging area. As I recall the "new loop" had to be equal in length to the trail it was replacing. But the bypass is better (more challenging) than the old trail.

well theres no snow there found the parking lot and i guess the trail is on the north side of highway 112. walded up the logging road that i thought might be the trail got to the top of the hill where it take an hard right and said screw this I'm out of shape... ( wait a minute rounds a shape). but anyway. it take about 1 1/2 hours to get there from hood canal bridge. out 101 to 112 and follow it til you get to e. twinriver road, thats about 10 miles past Quincy. turn left and the parking lot is down the road on your right about 150 yards.

well theres no snow there found the parking lot and i guess the trail is on the north side of highway 112. walded up the logging road that i thought might be the trail got to the top of the hill where it take an hard right and said screw this I'm out of shape... ( wait a minute rounds a shape). but anyway. it take about 1 1/2 hours to get there from hood canal bridge. out 101 to 112 and follow it til you get to e. twinriver road, thats about 10 miles past Quincy. turn left and the parking lot is down the road on your right about 150 yards.

This would / will be superb / fantastic during the summertime. and look forward to it then. sounds like a beautiful drive for me up 101 along the inlets. and then plan a weekend camping trip and fart around up there to check out the sites / shops.

well GET lots of details / pictures for us and do some mapping out of the trail if possible with GPS... k

haven't heard **** really on PNW4WDA about it other than they adopted it.

--------- have fun be safe..... remember camera / pictures... :awesomework:

Yeah that;s the place, the trail starts about 1 mile up on the left, and it used to dump out on the road to the right just on the north side of 112 but the bridge is out so you have to run the trail both ways. If some one going doesn't know the way there I could meet you somewhere so you can follow.
The last town you pass is Joyce, not Quincy, and it is about 10 miles past there.

This would / will be superb / fantastic during the summertime. and look forward to it then. sounds like a beautiful drive for me up 101 along the inlets. and then plan a weekend camping trip and fart around up there to check out the sites / shops.

well GET lots of details / pictures for us and do some mapping out of the trail if possible with GPS... k

haven't heard **** really on PNW4WDA about it other than they adopted it.

--------- have fun be safe..... remember camera / pictures... :awesomework:

and who do you think maintains it ? You need to realize that just because we dont post on the web every time we take a dump dosent mean were not doing things. Most of the clubs unlike web wheelers like to keep to themselves (friends). I am using the term "web wheelers" refering to the sudo club runs that form on the websites.

and who do you think maintains it ? You need to realize that just because we dont post on the web every time we take a dump dosent mean were not doing things. Most of the clubs unlike web wheelers like to keep to themselves (friends). I am using the term "web wheelers" refering to the sudo club runs that form on the websites.

Thats just it though....... like the daily paper... people stopped reading it, because they could more easily get the news FASTER and cheaper on-line.

same with CRAIGSLIST, it's wiping out newspapers, no one advertises in the papers anymore except real estate and car lots, you want to sell something and for FREE you go to craigslist.

now as for your comments, if you do **** in the woods... please bury it.

----

how hard would it be to post up info, upto date info for others that peek in on the site, i understand it's a club thing and all, but i think in todays world of information, that thing called the internet does wonders for people that actually use it everyday to see whats going on, like these forums.

alot of people pop in and check them out, on a DAILY basis. so it's a great and perfect way to spread the word. especially when you guys always jump out there to take the credit for stuff.

how difficult would it be to post some tid bits here and there, once in a blue moon?

:D

oh, and walmart or best buy have some great deals on computer upgrades too! :stirpot:

Rich, from what I know, Sadie Creek is solely there BECAUSE of the PNW and it's member club (I forget the club name now, sorry) did to make it happen. And it was discussed at every PNW meeting I ever went to when they were in the process of opening it. People need to realize just because YOU are not involved does not mean the world stops and nothing gets done. And if you rely on the internet for your news, then God help you. BTW, I do recall seeing posts on the PNW website about this.

Rich, from what I know, Sadie Creek is solely there BECAUSE of the PNW and it's member club (I forget the club name now, sorry) did to make it happen. And it was discussed at every PNW meeting I ever went to when they were in the process of opening it. People need to realize just because YOU are not involved does not mean the world stops and nothing gets done. And if you rely on the internet for your news, then God help you. BTW, I do recall seeing posts on the PNW website about this.

I'am just finding it funny.... how pokey will jump out or into any thread about a trail...... and how the PNW4WDA does so many wonderous things....

granted they do!

BUt it's getting old hearing, do your part and join up! sounds like a uncle sam commercial or some kind of recruiting agency. now as for the SADIE Creek Project, I too have seen SMALL bit's and pieces as well on it over at PNW4WDA... bout my comment was more aimed at the actual site making a effort to share a little more often and/or with the public like they do the recruiting process. i know this will come off as a jab towards pnw4wda. it's not.

just seems stupid when alot of people are not at all into the club scene or want anything to do with pnw4wda, but they are the ones mostly involved and it couldn't hurt to post up a little more info, rather than the GLORY of the club doing this or doing that.

oh well....... i was just saying how great it will be to make that run up there in the summertime. nice views along the way, great small town feel and some nice weather for camping.

:awesomework:

no one is really agains't the pnw4wda, just most people - be it young or older today, are struggling to make ends meet, and still after a marriage, surviing to hang onto their hobby / sport - to fit it a meeting or another bill sometimes gets really tough.

it's alot easier to load up the rigs and just head out to a trail, which is in general what most do. some do try to help with work parties, etc. but it's not something that is easy for everyone to do, become a part of a club.

and thats where i was saying it would be great to see / read more on the trails and whats up versus the old speel of join up and yadda yadda

Rich, Pokey, Comet and the rest of you.

Get out of my thread unless you want to go wheeling. There's plenty of room for politics elsewhere.

That said, YES, the PNW and member clubs are wholely and entirely responsible for Sadie Creek.

So either post up you're coming to run, or, scadoodle.

(where the heck are the Mods around here. Doesn't anyone keep on topic? hahahaha)

I'am just finding it funny.... how pokey will jump out or into any thread about a trail...... and how the PNW4WDA does so many wonderous things....

granted they do!

BUt it's getting old hearing, do your part and join up! sounds like a uncle sam commercial or some kind of recruiting agency. now as for the SADIE Creek Project, I too have seen SMALL bit's and pieces as well on it over at PNW4WDA... bout my comment was more aimed at the actual site making a effort to share a little more often and/or with the public like they do the recruiting process. i know this will come off as a jab towards pnw4wda. it's not.

just seems stupid when alot of people are not at all into the club scene or want anything to do with pnw4wda, but they are the ones mostly involved and it couldn't hurt to post up a little more info, rather than the GLORY of the club doing this or doing that.

oh well....... i was just saying how great it will be to make that run up there in the summertime. nice views along the way, great small town feel and some nice weather for camping.

:awesomework:

no one is really agains't the pnw4wda, just most people - be it young or older today, are struggling to make ends meet, and still after a marriage, surviing to hang onto their hobby / sport - to fit it a meeting or another bill sometimes gets really tough.

it's alot easier to load up the rigs and just head out to a trail, which is in general what most do. some do try to help with work parties, etc. but it's not something that is easy for everyone to do, become a part of a club.

and thats where i was saying it would be great to see / read more on the trails and whats up versus the old speel of join up and yadda yadda

Rich, We have the very same issues withen our own. Many if not most clubs are pretty quiet about what they do because its a private affair for them. Believe it or not most 4 wheelers dont take that many pictures while wheeling and even fewer post them up on websites. We have a couple of members in my club that have specificly asked me to not post pictures of them their rig or their family on the web. Thats their right and I respect that. Also now add to that how many areas are being destroyed by over use. This is not a problem that we had to deal with before the web bbs's (at least not as much) As selfesh as it may seem many wheelers just dont want to share there favorite spots with the world and for good reason. As far as me touting the PNW4WDA your damn right I do. One of these days the non members out there will all pull their heads out of the sand and see what we do. Bottom line is if it wasnt for the clubs and the assoc. There would be about 20 miles of legal trail in this state. The PNW4WDA is responsible for creating and or maintaining just about every single mile of legal trails in this state so your damn right I am going to tout it:cheer: I am very proud of the fact that I belong to such a great organization and have had a small part in its succeses over the years.

Get out of my thread unless you want to go wheeling. There's plenty of room for politics elsewhere.

That said, YES, the PNW and member clubs are wholely and entirely responsible for Sadie Creek.

(where the heck are the Mods around here. Doesn't anyone keep on topic? hahahaha)

Sorry tony and yes were coming on sunday:cheer:

:booo: :booo:

any width restriction at sadie? I have never been but steer both ends and a sunday would be ideal for me

Well i will assume that no restriction exists or you do not want me out at sadie with my big truck being nobody replyed to my question. Not trying to stir up nothing just trying to get answers for a area that i have never been.:eeek:

I am not aware of a width restriction, but I could be wrong. What I do know is that it is not full size friendly and even Jeeps get pretty bad body damage and wedged in areas due to the tightness of the trail. It may even be impassable to full size, not sure.

a cj5 with 12.5s will rub the tires on trees in spots. A TJ will drag body panels. Its not really a friendly trail for a wide rig when its dry and its gonna be slick and slimy

my truck has been narrowed 12" so i am actualy not as wide as a toyota sheet metal wise 88" across outside of tires

I'm 76 across the tires and I barely fit. BARELY fit. That's a tree rubbing barely fit. Just ever so slightly fit. Sheet metals not the issue. Tire width.

Latest posts