• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SXOR single seater build

I worked on this thing for a couple hours yesterday. I got the transmission cooler and steering cooler mounted. The transmission cooler is a Griffin double pass, and it is huge, should keep the Powerglide good and cool. Right behind my head is the only place it would fit, and it barely fits there.

The steering cooler is a Derale Electra-Cool. I decided to move the battery box and put the cooler where it was. I didn't really like the battery there anyway because it was going to be hard to get to. Still have to come up with another spot for the battery.

I piddled around on this thing for a couple hours yesterday afternoon. I mounted the steering reservoir. I had to mount it behind the radiator because I'm running out of space in a hurry. It is higher than the pump though and I should be able to make a nice sweeping feed hose to the pump. Hopefully I won't have any feed issues.

After that I mounted the window nets from PRP.

After I got the nets mounted I sat in the buggy and made engine noises because who doesn't do that? Lol. Lets's just say it's a good thing I'm not claustrophobic. I'm a big guy, and it's a tight fit. But it really closes in on you with the nets up.

Like I said I was just working on piddly stuff. No real progress. A lot of what's left is just piddly stuff, but it's the stuff that eats up a lot of time.

It's been a while since I posted an overall shot so I took a few so you can see what it's starting to look like.

I think I've decided on color. I'm going to paint the chassis with Rustoleum Hammered Copper, and the skins with satin black Plasti-Dip. The axles, links, and wheels will be satin black as well. I'm hoping that will look pretty good.

That hammered orange does look good. The rustoleum hammer quarts are getting harder to find around here / limited quantities.

Looks good. Glad to see it coming to an end!

Question: could you not move the PS res. to the "c" pillar by the accumulator? looks like you'd have room and it would be better protected. Look like in its current position if you roll it could easily be hit and damaged. maybe take out the Rad. too.

788A8E8A-30FC-4860-8006-9A85AEF7F695_zps2a6tvng4.jpg

Not really. I tried it there first, but the routing for the hose really doesn't work from there. I have a cargo basket that is going to sit on top of the radiator hoop and run up to the c pillar. It covers the reservoir pretty good when it's on there. Hopefully it will be ok.

It's killing me too! :( I just haven't had time to lay a finger on it. It's shutdown season at work and I've been working like crazy for the last few months. I'm sitting at work right now on my 11th straight 12hr. shift. One day I'll get it done. Maybe.

pplblazerdude said:
Ot pay means badass toys. Yell when you need help bud!

Sent from a undisclosed thinkin spot...

That's what I keep telling myself. I have to work to afford to build it, but if I work I don't have time to build it. Lol