• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The ball is rolling on the new job offer!

zukiscott said:
Yea what John,Yankster and Neal said JD :dblthumb: ,,,and I can,t believe the folks fussin bout "1 hour drive to work" ...HAH,,,my old drive was average hour and half and sometimes longer goin into Atl :gtfo:

my commute is now only 30 mins but I did not leave the old job cause of the commute :spin:

oh,,, and it might sound bad but that field in wich you wish to step has the advantage of job security ,,,you know of the 'medical' type
:woot: If it involves the medical type thats my favorite! Its smoother :****:

Re: Re: The ball is rolling on the new job offer!

TacomaJD said:
. Was talking to Mo a little about it

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

I see your first mistake......Nahh for real man, go for it. Sounds like you already made you decision to me.Good luck either way tho :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Re: Re: The ball is rolling on the new job offer!

BUG-E J said:
:woot: If it involves the medical type thats my favorite! Its smoother :****:

Better looking female employees too :****:

bamatoy said:
I see your first mistake......Nahh for real man, go for it. Sounds like you already made you decision to me.Good luck either way tho :dblthumb:

Lol thanks BJ. I think I pretty much have, unless they come up with some sort of crap that has not been mentioned yet that makes me turn my nose up...which I highly doubt will happen, but it's not completely eliminated just yet. Most all of my family and friends all live and work local, so I don't have a lot of people to talk to that has experience like this or a story to tell. I knew from the job thread that was not the case here. Definitely has been some good points and reassurance brought up in the thread thus far, and every little bit helps. So thanks!

In my experience the best jobs/careers are the ones that find you. I have been with my current employer for 14 years and when he hired me he was not looking to hire anyone, I just happened to be available and he asked me to come to work for him and see how it would work out, now 14 years later I am still here.

You owe it to yourself and your future to explore it all the way and make a good decision on what to do. It does sound like it could be a rewarding environment for you. Good luck!

Re: Re: Re: The ball is rolling on the new job offer!

bigsilly said:
It does sound like it could be a rewarding environment for you. Good luck!

That's exactly what I have pictured, just hope it pans out that way. Thank you!

muddinmetal said:
Hurry up and take the job BEFORE they realize you're a dumbass :flipper:

Lmao, The two deciding guys there stay so busy and are in and out of the office so much, it's definitely not something that is going to happen fast....so maybe I can keep em fooled til it does happen molaugh

I was gonna talk to Kim more about what he had mentioned about me doing some traveling with him, while I was working over there last wednesday, but he turned me loose to follow the clinicians around and get an eye on what they do, then he ended up having to leave early and go somewhere that day lol. So I've gotta call over there and talk with him a little more about that and see about the next step with things.

It seems like you are trying to convince your self this is something that you should do. Here are some questions that you should ask yourself:

Is there advancement in your current job for you and how long will it take to move up? Same question for the new job.

Does your degree suit your current job, new job, or is it an even kill?

If your current job folds up, how easy will be for you to find another job with your current skills? Will you have to move to use your skills from your current job to find something else. Same for the new job.

Which job will you think provide better (salary, insurance, benefits, vacation) for a family (if that is something you want)?

Re: Re: The ball is rolling on the new job offer!

I just dealt with a similar choice. I took a job in a field I have no experience in after being in hotels for 10 years. At first I worried about the probation period and my first review but as it seems this may be what I was meant to do. For the first time in 10 years I look forward to going to work. You are still young enough to get into something different if this doest work out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Mortalis5509 said:
It seems like you are trying to convince your self this is something that you should do. Here are some questions that you should ask yourself:

Is there advancement in your current job for you and how long will it take to move up? Same question for the new job.

Does your degree suit your current job, new job, or is it an even kill?

If your current job folds up, how easy will be for you to find another job with your current skills? Will you have to move to use your skills from your current job to find something else. Same for the new job.

Which job will you think provide better (salary, insurance, benefits, vacation) for a family (if that is something you want)?

I've been thinking most all those questions over constantly for a while now. I'm not necessarily trying to convince myself, as it's something I really want to do and am super interested in. I am moreso trying as much as possible to ensure there won't be the slightest bit of regret with this decision in the future, by overthinking the **** out of every possible pro/con. The last thing I want to hear is my dad say, Yup told you that you were screwing up. Lol.

As for college, I don't have enough under my belt to really matter at either job right now. Also, if the new job works out, I will probably no longer be persuing business management & supervision and go toward something like business marketing I guess. Depends on what they think would be best, I suppose...especially if they end up paying for it.

Neal3000 said:
it sounds like this job is something you have a lot of personal interest and passion for, not many people can say that about what they do....go for it (if it's legit) your a youngster and you only live once :dblthumb:

Best advice I have received to date career wise is "Find something you are passionate about and mix in your degree/education/background/skills etc."