• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thinking about dropping a deposit on a Jimmy Smith Chassis....post up some pics!

Swaffords buggy

Dang Kenny that ride is lookin good. I need to stop by and check it out again sometime. The Jeep is still sittin bout like it was last time I talked to ya. Havent done a thing to it in awhile. I'll get it ready to ride one of these days lol

well i made it to the penut butter hole and i played for a few minutes then the trany just stop pulling it was new so who knows i'll have it ready before the next event

Yeah I was wonderin why I didn't see any pictures of that 4 seater, I was lookin forward to it.

I ran propane in my last build for a while. I didnt particularly like it because of the cost of the fuel and dragging fuel bottles with me everywhere, although it worked great and was very dependable and cheap for the parts compared to fuel injection.

yeah i hate it too what i did ride i loved it i was able to do a couple of wheelies and landed smooth and handle great on the trail so i know i will like it

i will never run propane again the bottles are terrible to deal with but the set-up is a lot cheaper cash wise but i feel it will be cheaper for fuel injection if you ad all the agravation of propane to it and the worst thing is i always run out in the worst spots

The only advantage I can see is that they seem to build these things to be rolled 2-3 times each time out so there is less chance of a fuel fire.

As for cost, I am sure a $500 GM Gen III can outperform most of the motors I have seen being put in these buggies so I am thinking it is not a cost thing.

wngrog said:
The only advantage I can see is that they seem to build these things to be rolled 2-3 times each time out so there is less chance of a fuel fire.

As for cost, I am sure a $500 GM Gen III can outperform most of the motors I have seen being put in these buggies so I am thinking it is not a cost thing.

Its a cost issue. Gen 1 cost bank for fuel injection thumb.gif Gen 3 motors have
to have fuel pumps and harnesses and flashed computers. All of us hillbillies
have spare motors and washer/dryers in the front yard :flipoff1:

Matlock RKH

propane is cheaper than race gas....i pay around $7.65 a gallon for 112 octange in my drag car and i can run the same compression with propane..you lose alittle power but not enough to notice..getting enough cfm out of a 425 kit is the trick..

HAH.........PROPANE over fuel injection on an OFF ROAD ONLY BUGGY ...........ANY DAY

KISS..........KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.....

and don,t give me that "YEA BUT FUEL INJECTION GIVES YOURE ENGINE ABOUT 15-25 MORE HORSEPOWER" CRAP...

YEA it DOES .................SO WHAT ............AIN,T NO ENGINE DYNO,S ON THE TRAIL :****:

My ZUKI runs waaaay better than one that somebody has went through the trouble to convert it over to a tracker 1.6 fuel injected engine, & IT DON,T HAVE all the computer/sensor/wire nitemare CRAP .

Guess yall can tell I like my zuki on the PROPANE ;D

It is a 1.3 , head shaved 30 over, 3 angle valve job ,worked & port matched to the intake/Doug Thorley header , Cal Mini 2000-6000 camshaft & a Got Propane . com propane setup .

i have a 434 sb with 14-1 comp i can get enough propane to flood it out but cant get enough air so i have to run it lean how do you get more air on propane

Joel runs a dual air filter setup on his black & silver buggy , it has a BB chevy , :dunno: if that would fix youres or not :dunno:

TCride143.jpg

HELL YEA...............COOKIN SOME OBSTACLE BURGERS ;D

I don't think Joel's setup will help him. He needs more CFM, a easy fix would be running two baseplates. We have ran twin kits on BBC's and it works great.

I have been talking to Jimmy about a little project for about a year now. I finally decided it was time so I called Jimmy about a month a go. Dropped the parts off last week. Going be a single seater on rockwells, with rear steer, ls motor , th400 205 lomax, 16 coilovers, 44 tsls. Jimmy is building it into a roller and I will finish it out. All the parts came out of one of my other rigs so it should finish out quick. I have seen a lot of Jimmy s rigs, Even owned his old blue one for a little while. IMO he is the best there is for an all tube buggy. I will get some pics soon.

i have an aluminum adapter to run two mixers into one base plate. i tried it but had other motor problems and never was able to tune it. it definitly added more air and fuel. a two/four intake is another option for you but they did't make one for a windsor, plus a 950 base is plenty big enough. i have heard of people boring the fuel intake side out but that was never my problem it was air. two 425s or a 450 are the only options i know of. i went to fuel injection and will never go back to pane, my motor runs a 150% better booyang