• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire's rubbing

jakes89f150

so i got my 33x13.5 ltbs mounted and well the good news is they look awesome. Bad news they rub on the radius arms during sharp turning. Its no big deal might just wear the inside, side lugs out overtime. Anyway this got me thinking as to what people do that put 35's, 37's and even 39.5's on ford broncos with the same ttb system i have... how do they keep the tires from rubbing the radius arms?

truck is a 89 f150 3-4in lift, with extended radius arms

well for me wheel spacers would be stupid as i already have a tough time getting my lard ass through the trail...
but i saw a bronco out by where i work the other day with 39.5x13.5 iroks on it.
maybe he has some 3in wheel spacers on it :corn:

Last edited:
Adjust the steering stops until they no longer hit....
i would but my turning radius is already a joke so...
im not too worried about it, ill just try to avoiding turning lock to lock as much...

more or less i was curious as to how people were clearing the larger tires.
Thanks for the input guys.

Ahh my old sexy 33's...

How do you think those tires got to looking the way they do?

It wasn't just rocks...

they got friendly with my leaf springs on a regular basis. Losing turning radius sucks (I think I got about 12 degrees or so:eeek: ) but its better than small tires:awesomework:

I considered wheel spacers or a different wheel offset but I chose loss of turning radius over a wider track width. Takes longer to back up multiple times on every tight turn but I fit through everything without problems (usually).

so i had to throw my other tires back on today and i decided to get to the bottom of this rubbing problem...
Wall to wall with the LTBs 33x13.5 on is 79.5"
wall to wall with my 33x12.5's on is 82.5-83"
back spacing on the 15x8 wheels is 3.75" (The ones the LTB's are on)
back spacing on my 15x10 wheels is 3.5"