• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Titling a Rock bouncer for loan purposes?

Boulderdash said:
I'm sure a lot of the money spent on rigs are due to tax reasons where they own
a small business or whatever. Looks like the ole work truck needs a 10k engine and
a steering 14 bolt axle

Not in Kentucky or maybe I have a bad accountant.

Re:

tonybolton said:
40 even

Rode my lil bee-cee-kleta to the down the road weigles to stock shelves....sweep parking lot and mop when I was 15.

Ah. Hell I'm 30, started when I was 15 as well and ain't been without a job since, only had 3 lol.

As for affording a $50k bouncer, I wouldn't even want to pay that much for a truck. I gave $64k for my current house when it was only 3.5 years old back in 2009 Haha. I guess I'm more like a mid grade minimalist. I just try to buy quality **** while remaining within my means and live comfortably. I don't desire to keep up with the Jones'. Shoot, my old $13k crawler made a lot of high dollar buggies look bad back in the day, that **** was worth more to me than someone staring in awe at how much money I'd dropped on a bouncer if I had one. Different strokes for different folks though.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Ah. Hell I'm 30, started when I was 15 as well and ain't been without a job since, only had 3 lol.

As for affording a $50k bouncer, I wouldn't even want to pay that much for a truck. I gave $64k for my current house when it was only 3.5 years old back in 2009 Haha. I guess I'm more like a mid grade minimalist. I just try to buy quality **** while remaining within my means and live comfortably. I don't desire to keep up with the Jones'. Shoot, my old $13k crawler made a lot of high dollar buggies look bad back in the day, that **** was worth more to me than someone staring in awe at how much money I'd dropped on a bouncer if I had one. Different strokes for different folks though.

That's me. I have a house it was 100k and I hated signing the papers. I would love to have a new truck but refuse to put myself in a position where I might not be able to make a payment. I mean I might not be madram11 famous but I have fun pushing my jeep to its limits. Some may blow past me on the trail where I'm struggling (tonyb) but I enjoy it.

Re:

jeeptj99 said:
That's me. I have a house it was 100k and I hated signing the papers. I would love to have a new truck but refuse to put myself in a position where I might not be able to make a payment. I mean I might not be madram11 famous but I have fun pushing my jeep to its limits. Some may blow past me on the trail where I'm struggling (tonyb) but I enjoy it.

Dont hate on people for punishing jeeps...

Boulderdash said:
I'm sure a lot of the money spent on rigs are due to tax reasons where they own
a small business or whatever. Looks like the ole work truck needs a 10k engine and
a steering 14 bolt axle

Actually that's exactly what I did. I built my first buggy and asked my tax guy about writing it off. I asked him if I wanted to start a fab shop if it was reasonable to have something to show my potential customers? He said yep. Wrote the first one off, sold it for a profit, paid some taxes on the profit and bought back another rig for a donor. Built the current rig as a business expense and write off my trips as well. But I didn't borrow a dime during the process and hate payments. But to each his own, u want a bouncer on payments? Do it, just be sure to name it "payment book"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with the crowd of saving if you want it. It's possible no matter what you're income.
Personally I nickled and dimed my way through building mine. Had I just saved money instead of buying new stuff I would of easily come out ahead. You'll always spend more building one than buying one.

617_Racing said:
You'll always spend more building one than buying

You sure about that? I wouldn't expect to have bought my rig for what I have into it. Granted, I don't have the best parts available but for what I see comparable rigs listed for, I think I made out pretty good. That being said, I realize those asking prices are just that and not necessarily what they get sold for.

I would strongly encourage someone to build their own if they have the time and space. Aside from probably being a little cheaper, you'll know every inch of your rig as well as be able to do major repairs and upgrades yourself.

Beerj said:
You sure about that? I wouldn't expect to have bought my rig for what I have into it. Granted, I don't have the best parts available but for what I see comparable rigs listed for, I think I made out pretty good. That being said, I realize those asking prices are just that and not necessarily what they get sold for.

I would strongly encourage someone to build their own if they have the time and space. Aside from probably being a little cheaper, you'll know every inch of your rig as well as be able to do major repairs and upgrades yourself.

Maybe not a brand new build from the most well known builder, no. But a "used" one going in the 20k-30k range, I'd say yes I'm sure about that. I also have "gotta buy nice new junk syndrome".

I'm building one now and have been tracking all the costs. I kept the axles and engine from the old buggy, and haven't gone extravagant on parts this time. Only expensive parts have been new ORI struts, WOD link bars and a beefed up NP205 and I've spent $17K already and maybe 65% complete. No way it'll be done under $30k and be reliable on the trail.
You can definitely **** one together with junkyard parts and call it a bouncer but you'll have a steady monthly payment at Autozone, 4WheelParts, WOD and Summit upgrading to the parts you should have bought the first time.

yankster said:
I'm building one now and have been tracking all the costs. I kept the axles and engine from the old buggy, and haven't gone extravagant on parts this time. Only expensive parts have been new ORI struts, WOD link bars and a beefed up NP205 and I've spent $17K already and maybe 65% complete. No way it'll be done under $30k and be reliable on the trail.
You can definitely **** one together with junkyard parts and call it a bouncer but you'll have a steady monthly payment at Autozone, 4WheelParts, WOD and Summit upgrading to the parts you should have bought the first time.
Yep. I had cash and took enough of a loan out to help out. Didn't finance the entire thing.

yankster said:

Someone call me? I thought I heard someone talking about me.... no? Ok.
I'll just be over here adjusting the clutch in my "rock hopper"
I'm making a run to my number 1 sponser tractor supply to do some repairs anyone need me to pick anything up?

blacksheep10 said:
You need an honest accountant that only needs to know what you tell him. How he going to know what your work fleet looks like.
Yeah I have told mine some things before and he goes no no no don't say that! molaugh

I got a buddy who builds custom homes and he worked his fox coilovers into the budget without his wife knowing.

I built mine on a pay as you go basis. I think I am sitting around 32k in mine right now. It took me 4 years to do it total but I really stepped it up the last year. I probably put 20K of that in, in the last year of the build. I am technically not done as I still have rear steer and powder to go. I say if you don't have the money to buy one, build what you want. If you want it bad enough now, you'll want it just as bad in a couple years when you finish.

TBItoy said:
IF you have good credit, you can get unsecured "auto loans" from Suntrust (Lightstream)

https://www.lightstream.com/auto-loans

Bet they've got a fat interest rate too Lol.

I've done many signature loans at local banks, but they've never been over say $10k. Once the amount gets past that point, they start wanting collateral, and the interest rate with signature loans, in my experience, has always been higher than loans secured with collateral.