• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

To The Trolls......

Status
Not open for further replies.
IP addresses don't change so John G can see where you are trying to log in from... at least within the Matrix ;D

Instead of banning, I could create a sub forum where the trolls could be limited to, be like a purgatory of sorts for us to laugh at them? Just throwing out suggestions that would entertain me. :popcorn:

-your friendly lurking forum admin

Speeding said:
Instead of banning, I could create a sub forum where the trolls could be limited to, be like a purgatory of sorts for us to laugh at them? Just throwing out suggestions that would entertain me. :popcorn:

Who are you? Welcome to Hardline!!!!!

Speeding said:

JohnG said:
Who are you? Welcome to Hardline!!!!!
So which one of you get my pms when I report somebody?

I must sadly admit my personal feelings toward one of the above mentioned trolls has kept me logging in and viewing more than I would have otherwise. Its like a carwreck, u can't help but look. I'm almost disappointed he didn't get banned but, hell he can have HL, FB, Pirate , all the intranets fer all I care.

I'm curious though... Do ya ever feel like your taking your jobs to seriously? Banning people from a forum seems the equilavent to time out or having to wear the dunce cap.

Gittinit said:
. Do ya ever feel like your taking your jobs to seriously? Banning people from a forum seems the equilavent to time out or having to wear the dunce cap.

No

There is always reprocussions in life to all your actions. If you warn someone about something and they do it anyways, then are they not in fact doing in to theirself.

Speeding said:

sounds similar to being shadow banned. Banning a user from a web forum in such a way that the banned user is unaware of the ban. Usually takes the form of showing that user's posts/profile/etc. only to that user; other users never see them. ****ing most infuriating thing ever. Depending on how active a forum is, it may take them weeks to realize they are banned as they just think they are being ignored.

Mongo44 said:
sounds similar to being shadow banned. Banning a user from a web forum in such a way that the banned user is unaware of the ban. Usually takes the form of showing that user's posts/profile/etc. only to that user; other users never see them. ****ing most infuriating thing ever. Depending on how active a forum is, it may take them weeks to realize they are banned as they just think they are being ignored.

Oh, I like that.

Checking into it.

I don't think I've ever completely understood what trolling is.

I've seen some nonsensical, sometimes even foreign language posts on other forums where people will call that person a troll. To me that is more spam, something a nefarious program has obviously put there. It is obvious that no human did it because if they did they would have known they were posting in Korean on an all-English forum. Or they would have known that a post about cheaply obtaining a gigantic list of 10,000 different prescription medications would be a bit out of place on a 4x4 forum.

Then I see where people will post an obviously dumb or insulting comment in order to elicit a response from others, which is what I consider trolling.

Then there is the recent **** on this forum, a lot of it towards Batmobile Will for some reason, which to me is just old fashioned hate and piling on.

patooyee said:
I don't think I've ever completely understood what trolling is.

I've seen some non-nonsensical, sometimes even foreign language posts on other forums where people will call that person a troll. To me that is more spam, something a nefarious program has obviously put there. It is obvious that no human did it because if they did they would have known they were posting in Korean on an all-English forum. Or they would have known that a post about cheaply obtaining a gigantic list of 10,000 different prescription medications would be a bit out of place on a 4x4 forum.

Then I see where people will post an obviously dumb or insulting comment in order to elicit a response from others, which is what I consider trolling.

Then there is the recent **** on this forum, a lot of it towards Batmobile Will for some reason, which to me is just old fashioned hate and piling on.

I think everyone is categorizing all the behaviors you list above as trolling here on HL. At least it seems it to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.