• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toy t-case-NO MOVE LOW GEAR!

monstaru

Got 2wd, got 4wdH,No turnie turnie in low gear.....Am I missing something?
Any common issues?
I searched Toy bible, and other interwebs, cannot find info.
cheers in advance:)

The case is out of vehicle.
The hi lo shifter shaft moves in and out.No resistance.
BUT, when in low gear, I(by hand) cannot rotate the input shaft.
I can move it back and forth about a 1/6th either way.butno turnie turnie..make sense?WTF?
cheers

Can you feel the rail hit the detents or mesh the gears? If the case is out then I would just pull it apart and take a look. Make sure you don't lose the ball for your speedometer when you start pulling gears. If you need t case parts let me know, I have a ton of parts.

I'll have a gander inside.I feel the detent , so it seems like it should be meshing.
I have never had a Toy Tcase(or any other for that matter)that I have tore into before , so I am apprehensive.I downloaded the transfer case pdf. so I have a skosch of guidance I guess.:haha:
cheers

Last edited:
It's not too hard, keep track of the shift detent balls and springs, ad well ad the ball from the speedo gear. Also keep track of the different bolt lengths and where they came from. You might need a hand with the oilers when you put it back together as well.

Sometimes it is hard to turn the input in low gear. There is a lot of resistance in the reduction. Can you spin the outputs? If you can, see if the input is spinning about twice as fast as you are turning the output. Then grab the input and see if you can stop the outputs. If it does then you are all good.

If it's hard to turn, or can't turn at all by hand, there's an issue---I've done a few 4.7 gearsets now, and every one I have been able to turn the outputs by hand, should be very little resistance...so the stock should be easily turned by hand...

DOH, forgot to say it is $.7 :)
here is a video that hopefully explains what I am trying to say.

cheers, and thanks for the help.

Ok, so I say "messed around with" in the video , but what really happened was me screwing the flange to a large chunk(5'x1'x8") piece of laminate and getting the rbeaker bar on her to get to cover 4.But instead, something "GAVE"...hence the noise.....

Damnit NowI HAve to take it apart LOL
Probly gonna have to make a tool..
cheers

Last edited:
Yep Ya are all good now................:haha:

Run it:corn::stirpot:

Just turn the stereo up and it will be all good :redneck:

Or take it back apart and grind the case a little

Either the case where the large low gear sits, you have to grind that a bit (be carefull as there's not alot of meat at that spot, and it doesn't take much for the gear to clear...)...
Or the shift rail didn't get clearanced enough and was hitting the low gear...There's a good pic of what the clearancing should look like when done...test fit the pieces before putting back together...hopefully you didn't hurt anything when you put the breaker bar to it! Good Luck, and Cheers! :redneck: