• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toy t-case-NO MOVE LOW GEAR!

Totally easy to pull apart using Marlins guide to installing 4.7's.
I found some small chunks of aluminum from the case.PO had not gotten rid of enough material.
This case had not been run previously, so no big deal.
Although it was pretty gritty inside, the mix of aluminum flakes with dirt was not too bad.
I was able clean it out and clearance a skosch more .resulting in the smooth operation.
What type of grease should I use for these bearings?I have some Lucas red,will that work?

Everything looks fresh, soI will be reassembling and waiting to get a trans., trans crossmember, and associative pieces to mount her up.
Thanks for the help
Cheers
Yes , I am poor photo-grapher.I know this.:fawkdancesmiley:
some chunkage
IMG_5672.jpg

dirty
IMG_5676.jpg

Those bearings will get lubed just fine with gear oil. If you want to put some bearing grease on them, go ahead.

So, this case has a 4.7 gearset in it?

Those bearings will get lubed just fine with gear oil. If you want to put some bearing grease on them, go ahead.

So, this case has a 4.7 gearset in it?
Yes 4.7 gear set .
Like I said,those bearings had/have grease in them is why I asked.
All of the gaskets are still good,so I will be reassembling after I finish cleaning.
I'll take some better pics this weekend.
Cheers

I like to use Lubriplate 105 assembly lube, sticks to bearings good...My advice would be not to re-use the gaskets, just use some Permatex "Right Stuff" gasket maker---The **** just plain works...
:D Cheers!!!! :redneck:

Well, I was gonna use Lucas red to lube her up, then throw some Ultra grey on the gaskets to get her tight again ... :)
It'll work out !
Cheers :)

The "grease" was Lucas assembly lube.Which I figured by buying
Said lube...
Got some ultra grey,right stuff seems to harden up on me.Think
Grey will work with the gear oil?

Didna have time this weekend to fiddle with it.need to get some
bolts for the case that are missing,etc....
Cheers

Last edited:
The right stuff is too expensive and never last till the end.

Ulrta greay can be found at walmart for under $5. It kicks ass. I used it on tcases this weekend.

When you buy the refills for their mini caulking gun, it lasts just fine....But yeah, Ultra Grey will work as well...We use the Grey a lot at work for sealing diff covers...

Yeah, I have used grey on all sorts of engine reseals in various areas.So I was pretty sure I wasna being retarded on that one.. :fawkdancesmiley:
The reason I ask is that I was looking at Low Range Offroad at various axle parts and saw a "gear oil" RTV taht was supposed to handle gear oil better than other RTV's.So I started questioning myself.:haha:

I'll get those bolts this weekend I hope, and then buy a mount for her to sit in.And a trans.
:)
Cheers, thanks for the help.:cool:

Last edited: