• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Toyota knuckle ball

Why just a ball? I have a housing with all new trusses and dif armor will sell for 150$

I bought a truck that had Yukon berfield eliminators in it. I got thrice for my GF and she broke a unjoint the other day that thrashed the trunion bearing and and ripped the lower hole and ruined the ball. I found a fellow on pirate that is selling me the balls off the front axle but still had to deal with the typical pirate bullshit.

I'd buy a new housing, sell the Birf eliminator kit, buy Longs, and never look back :woot:

I agree with Jordan on this one. I have a whole front end complete I will take $250 for

After a weekend of thrashing my buggy that is what I run!

I'm on with you in the yukons and longfields but not sure why I need to swap the whole front axles housing. The housing is fine. To swap the housing means all new link brackets as well as truss and hydro steering mounts. Think it'll be easier and less work to just replace the ball.

as far as i know no one sells the knuckle ball. you would have to cut yours from the housing
then weld another on. replace the housing.

I know it looks like more work to redo link mounts, truss, etc., but theres a decent chance you will mess up the knuckle ball replacement, be it setting the caster incorrect, slight misalignment, whatever. This is a chance to start fresh on a new housing and do it exactly how you want.

My vote is new housing instead of replacing a ball. But, to each their own! Hope you find a ball!

Re: Re: Re: Toyota knuckle ball

jordan7118 said:
I know it looks like more work to redo link mounts, truss, etc., but theres a decent chance you will mess up the knuckle ball replacement, be it setting the caster incorrect, slight misalignment, whatever. This is a chance to start fresh on a new housing and do it exactly how you want.

My vote is new housing instead of replacing a ball. But, to each their own! Hope you find a ball!

With an angle finder it'll be pretty hard to screw up.

I'd definitely replace the ball before redoing a whole housing

I'm so confused!!! Lol not really, I have two balls comin in the mail this week that I sourced thru pirate.

it's not that bad to change a knuckle ball, just be sure you don't cut too deep into the weld when you take the old one out. get a digital angle finder if you want to be more accurate on the caster.

Neal3000 said:
it's not that bad to change a knuckle ball, just be sure you don't cut too deep into the weld when you take the old one out. get a digital angle finder if you want to be more accurate on the caster.

When u say deep do you mean toward the center of the axle?

Yes, the housings are only 3/16's thick so be careful or you'll be cutting the part of the knuckle ball off that goes inside the housing

I have one or u can bring me the axle an I will replace it for ya :dblthumb:nothing money can't fix