• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail riding help needed

Kat

Kat Woman, Wheelin superhero!
We need some help with how to ride trails as far as picking lines, spotting and other such stuff. We consider our selves lightly experanced beginners.

We do have some time this weekend.

Please let me know on this thread for your ideas.

I would try to get out with some more experienced people that have the patience to help. I found learning to be trial and error.......mostly error.:D

I know Crash does a couple of newbie runs.

I'd like to help out if you want. When would you want to go out? My patience is pretty good (as some know:haha: ) PM me if/when you wanna go. I haven't been out in a while and I think it'd be fun. Have you guys been to reiter before???

Does driving a Limo around in the woods constitute experience???:corn: :haha:

Aaron

I'll wheel with ya. I can show you a thing or two on the right vs wrong lines. Just watch for when my jeep breaks. :awesomework:

I believe it to be told around this great northwest it is called "BEERS OF EXPERIENCE" now i would not know what this means but try it and see where it takes you..Pick a trail plan on getting lost stuck de-beaded and in the worst recovery situation you can think of. I know you have probably read you "TRAIL FIXES" part of your magazines...apply it. I did most of my wheelin by my self for years till i met some of these crazy bas****ds!!!LOL

We need some help with how to ride trails as far as picking lines, spotting and other such stuff. We consider our selves lightly experanced beginners.

We do have some time this weekend.

Please let me know on this thread for your ideas.

Can't your "BEST 4x4 club" teach you? That's why you belong to a club right?

Isn't that club like the MSFT "microtreads"? All show and no go? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :looser: Clubs suck, period.

Actually they are a great group of mostly older and respected men who do go out and wheel, 2 weeks ago we went to Naches and ran 309, 307, 330, Manatash ridge and it was a totally awsome ride too!!!!!:fawkdancesmiley:

Actually they are a great group of mostly older and respected men who do go out and wheel, 2 weeks ago we went to Naches and ran 309, 307, 330, Manatash ridge and it was a totally awsome ride too!!!!!:fawkdancesmiley:

WOW, that hurt...:booo:

Isn't that club like the MSFT "microtreads"? All show and no go? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :looser: Clubs suck, period.

Have you ever belonged to a club? I mean a real club not just some group off the internet that gives themselves a funny name and goes out to get drunk and wheel? Clubs are great but you have to be willing to put up with people who may differ from you. Its a great way for a noob to learn the ropes since I dont know of a "club" that will leave you on the trail to deal with your own problems.

Can't your "BEST 4x4 club" teach you? That's why you belong to a club right?

We as a club (BEST), are just getting back into wheeling as a group. I've been down for the last few years, but plan on getting out more. I need to refresh my wheeling skills also, the last time I was at Reiter, was about 20 years ago. I'm Looking forward to meeting up with a lot of you folks eventually. As I get 'OLDER' :eeek: I find that other distraction keep me from getting out as much as I'd like. SOON, I'll have all the time I want...:;

Have you ever belonged to a club? I mean a real club not just some group off the internet that gives themselves a funny name and goes out to get drunk and wheel? Clubs are great but you have to be willing to put up with people who may differ from you. Its a great way for a noob to learn the ropes since I dont know of a "club" that will leave you on the trail to deal with your own problems.

Yep, and I can put up with people who are different than me just fine. They just couldn't reciprocate. :redneck: :fawkdancesmiley: I wheel with a couple friends at most, or alone. Just how I roll. :kiss:

Thats why we are joining clubs. I my self have never been in a 4X4 club before. In the past, back in CT., had always just gone out on my own and ridden trails i found in the state forests with the several differant 4x4`s i have owned(78' 350 manual blazer, 94' nissan pu 4x4, 84' xj 4x4, 99' xj 4x4, 07' JK). I have been reading and learning lots by just doing but now is my time to learn more by others who have more experance.

Our first ride with BEST @ naches and loved it, we just need more teachings on how, when and why.

Sshhhhhh, that was suppose to be a secret, you're only as old as you feel, right :squirrel: ...after camping a couple weekends ago, I felt old :rolleyes:

Zip,
As did we, we needed 2 days off just to recoup, hell i remember camping in scouts and it is ALOT differant now.

Latest posts