• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Truck night in America

RustyC said:
Cheesy yes. But more concerning was watching a driver winch himself out of the mud, jump back in. Then in cab footage of him driving without harnesses on. That's really bad and should have been edited out and never aired.
Yes and I haven't seem one yet use a tree saver. Just wrap the cable around the tree and hook it to it self.
And I don't think that is the toughest course ever built.
So what id the KOA. Just a walk though the desert and mountains. :rolf:

Re:

All of you guys' comments are backing up my hunch for not even attempting to watch the show. Saw it on when flipping through the guide the other night, kept on scrolling. I like how it was advertised as "the truck show everyone has been waiting for" ......still waiting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re:

TacomaJD said:
All of you guys' comments are backing up my hunch for not even attempting to watch the show. Saw it on when flipping through the guide the other night, kept on scrolling. I like how it was advertised as "the truck show everyone has been waiting for" ......still waiting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I watched one episode on the youtoobs. I'll be honest. I didn't have high hopes, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was less annoying than roadkill or dirt every day.

I would watch another episode if I could find one. Maybe give it a shot. It isn't great, but then again, other than Game of Thrones, there isn't much great on tv these days.

Re: Re: Truck night in America

jeeppoor said:
Yes and I haven't seem one yet use a tree saver. Just wrap the cable around the tree and hook it to it self.
And I don't think that is the toughest course ever built.
So what id the KOA. Just a walk though the desert and mountains. :rolf:
One of the local guys that competed commented on that.

I think the main reason there were no tree straps is no one knew what was coming up. When I went , I started with my Jeep loaded for the trails for rock crawling. After the first race I put it all in the back of my tow rig. Most of the courses have no need for a winch and have no where to hook one if you did.

Seen one episode (#3) this weekend.
Was stupid.

But Travis Lovett in it made for a super fun thing to watch until the point he got out. Then it was boring.

Dude with the FJ was winching with the transmission in Neutral it seems ???

Re: Re:

creepycrawly said:
I would watch another episode if I could find one. Maybe give it a shot. It isn€™t great, but then again, other than Game of Thrones, there isn€™t much great on tv these days.

If you like Game of Thrones you should check out Vikings.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hate to bump this thread back up and/or admit that I will/do occasionally watch the show, but did anyone see the episode with the chick with the YJ from Winfield? I will give someone the opportunity to respond before I comment further.

DrankinInTheWoods said:
Hate to bump this thread back up and/or admit that I will/do occasionally watch the show, but did anyone see the episode with the chick with the YJ from Winfield? I will give someone the opportunity to respond before I comment further.
Is this the chick and YJ that hit the tree?

c0790a66d174ba9b43bba7b2597eab4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She did good until she got in the woods and hit the tree. It shook her up a good bit.

I'll admit I watch the show weekly and sometimes I wonder why. But it does have it's entertaining moments. They all blast the water holes and wonder why the engines cut off/die out. Haha.

Since Pete Sohren got killed I'm interested to see who gets his spot ..maybe somebody from this side of the country.

The show is corny but my sons and I enjoy watching and picking on every thing they say or do.

JeffH454 said:
Since Pete Sohren got killed I'm interested to see who gets his spot ..maybe somebody from this side of the country.

The show is corny but my sons and I enjoy watching and picking on every thing they say or do.

Thats sad, I didnt realize he died. We watch it too, the kids love it. Part of the problem is its hard to really give justice to an obstacle on film second there are some lames ones anyways, who needs to spend 20 minutes driving an elevated log track, or someone backing into a shed on a cliff.

They should have someone come build a legit hill climb, and a legit rock crawling course. But maybe it will get better over time.

What's stupid about the show is also what makes it good. I can't get down on anything that promotes wheeling. The money is in the masses. Without Jeeps and the builds on this show the manufacturers that make our specialty parts don't even exist.