• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tube Bender? JD2 still best bang 4 the buck?

Re: Tupbe Bender? JD2 still best bang 4 the buck?

:drinkers:

I know it's not the best bang for buck---but we've had great luck with JD2 model 4 electric-hydro setup :drinkers:

I have the Pro Tools 105HD also. First bend on 188. wall broke the block off the end of the die...welded back...bent the pins. Said fawk it and its still been working. Not too worried about it, but kinda pissed me off. Love the bender all in all though.

I doubt they bend anything thinker than 0.120 wall, so it prolly boils down to price and availability at this stage.

Sorry guys. I meant to say that the ram is from Harbor Tool and Freight for 109$ bucks not northern tool.

Jim, thanx for the heads up on the pins from TSC.

badreligion_13 said:
Sorry guys. I meant to say that the ram is from Harbor Tool and Freight for 109$ bucks not northern tool.

Jim, thanx for the heads up on the pins from TSC.

Just ordered my kit from Copperhead Fab. I need to have my bender mobile and this does it fairly cheap. Still have a buggy build in the back of my head.

Apperently JD2 is coming out with a new bender for rock crawlers. Manual or hydro, bends 2" .250 wall DOM or 1.5" solid! :eek: Prices and info on the front page. I am going over there to get a notcher either this week or next, I will try and get spy picks, sounds cool on their site.

well damn that is awesome. I wonder how much the dies is going to cost? I just picked my hydro ram up from Harbor Freight . So either way I will be a happy guy come Jan 5th.

Not sure, but I do know the benders are on sale at an interductory price. I am excited to see what it looks like.

FYI - I'm the one he's asking for. We're going to be using this to build props for our haunted house. I believe the first project we have for it is to make some faux steam radiators with it. Think I'm pretty well set on the JD2, I've heard enough good things about it through other forums I'm on. Now trying to decided on dies. Was told to get an assortment, thinking 1", 1.5" & probably 1.75", or should I skip the 1" & go with 1.25" instead? Thanks,

--JOsh

P.S. Trying to get this bought by tomorrow, trying to get $$$ off the books before year end for the business.

IMO 1.25, 1.5 and 1.75 is kinda redundant. I's think 1, 1.5 and maybe 1.75 since I am sure you will want it for larger items in the forest.

crturboguy said:
1", 1.5" & probably 1.75", or should I skip the 1" & go with 1.25" instead? Thanks,

--JOsh

P.S. Trying to get this bought by tomorrow, trying to get $$$ off the books before year end for the business.

That is what I have 1", 1.5" and 1.75". Never used the 1". My 1" is 3.5" radius. Others are 6". Mine is the ProTools 105HD.

I would go with 1 or 1.25 , 1.5 , 1.75 . I use the 5.5 clr cause I don't like the longer radius for what I do. For you and what you are doing you might want a smaller clr as well. I have been happy with all my bends and all my dies are 5.5clr .

John Galbreath Jr. said:
That is what I have 1", 1.5" and 1.75". Never used the 1". My 1" is 3.5" radius. Others are 6". Mine is the ProTools 105HD.

Will the protools die fit on the JD2? If so would you get rid of your 1"? I need one to do ATV Bumpers.

Hey thanks for the offer. But I never know when I would need it. I do small jobs on the side. And have buddies wanting atv and side x side bumpers. I will purchase one soon.

Bones said:
IMO 1.25, 1.5 and 1.75 is kinda redundant. I's think 1, 1.5 and maybe 1.75 since I am sure you will want it for larger items in the forest.

I see no need for a 1" personally I have a 1.25" and if I want to bend 1" I just use it.