• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker Valley, May 15th Dedication/and...9:00AM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zukkev

Cornfuzzled yet again...
No need to look purty...just show up...there is more to it than the dedication... 9:00 am ready to roll , no later than 9:15...
To fill folks in, Got a call from Jim Cahill, and yes there will be a dedication for the Volunteers of WV ORV...But, there will be a couple others things needing attention. He got a call from the higher ups, stated that there has been reports of water quality issues within the trail systems (both 4x4 and singletrack/quad)....there are only a couple spots on the 4x trails needing abit of attention...The idea is to show Olympia we care and take care of the trails BEFORE it becomes a mandatory temp closure until said repairs are done!!! The idea is to get this day's progress and repairs onto the DNR Blog, showing Oly we're taking care of it!!!
The plan is to have a trail run split into 2 groups, one heading up upper Mainline, the other up Lower Mainline----during this, the areas needing repair will get the attention they need (Bring appropriate gear...shovel, pickaxe,etc...), while pics and poss interviews are taken (Jim and Alyse are going to be running with the groups for this!!!)...once the minor repairs are completed the run continues with the two groups meeting at the "Washington Volunteer 4x4 trails area" AKA "The learning Center", where the dedication/official opening ceremony will take place....ALOT of hard work was put into this area and it's kinda nice to see we're being recognized...A big Thanks to all that have helped out in the last few years!!! Come on up!!! The more support we show, the better!!!:awesomework::awesomework::awesomework:

If I can get out of work, I'll be there for sure...right now it doesn't look good. I did get a call from Duck Dodgers today, and he will also be there for this!:awesomework:

If I can get out of work, I'll be there for sure...right now it doesn't look good. I did get a call from Duck Dodgers today, and he will also be there for this!:awesomework:
Just call in, "Well" tell um you feel to damn good to come to work that day. :eeek:

What should I bring? PPE equipment, shovel, axle, pick, anything else? I got a pair of chaps for runnin saw if necessary.

Shovel's axes, picks are good. I'm not sure what DNR will be bringing. However we do need to clean out a silt fence and move the dirt elsewhere. This is at the skills area, and will probably take a little bit to do.
If someone has a truck that we can load the dirt into, that'd make things much easier!

we'll be meeting at the cafe at the roundabout (jct of 538 and SR9) at 8am for some good 'ol hearty breakfast!

we'll be meeting at the cafe at the roundabout (jct of 538 and SR9) at 8am for some good 'ol hearty breakfast!

Good food? I'm up for something better then MCdonalds... :puke:

What kind of food will be provided up there? Curious if I should bring a lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.