• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker Valley work parties Sep 13/14, and 20/21....

zukkev

Cornfuzzled yet again...
There are two work parties scheduled for September.....most of the work will be concentrated in the new "Skill Building Area"; Lots of hands will be needed as there's alot to do to get it opened!!:awesomework: If anyone has a rig and/or trail trailer that can haul rock, please show up & help out!!!:worship: Some of us will be camping as well! ( If I get my camper back together:mad: I'll be there to camp :cheer: )

Appreciate all the help we can get, thanks Crapyota! Got friends????:redneck:
Plan is at this point to meet at 9:00 AM---rock size will likely be 1man/2man; Also some smaller filler material in certain places.....
sounds like the rock will be brought to the trailhead...not sure though; will update when known....

Very Cool Kat and Rhonda!!:cheer:

And thanks Jim....Appreciate the Sticky!! It's about time damnit!!!:fawkdancesmiley:

Assuming I get my tranny in that week, I should be there the second weekend. If my rig is running, I don't have an lot of excuses - I live near Big Lake and I am on vacation that week.

Assuming I get my tranny in that week, I should be there the second weekend. If my rig is running, I don't have an lot of excuses - I live near Big Lake and I am on vacation that week.

Even if you don't have your rig running, we certainly could use the extra hands! And I'm sorry, but a YUGO wouldn't make it up there!!!:fawkdancesmiley:

I think that I can make it both weekends, or at least part of the first if I can get a ride with someone. I will plan on the 2nd weekend for sure. I have been a web wheeler for just about a year, now.

Just for the record, Yugo came as close as any of the other options. My rig is a '91 Isuzu Trooper with a GM Performance 3.4, locked both ends with ARBs and stock 4.56s. What I am doing is putting crawler gears in the t-case. I have an ARB front bumper with a 9000# winch and a custom rear bumper. There are some other goodies, but I am too tired to remember them.

FYI ... I am not sure if this is going to cut into the number of volunteers that you will get but Operation Shore Patrol is the weekend of the 20th and 21st.

13th/14th i might be able to come out and lend a hand, i will be rigless though, need to recut some threads for the past owners screw up for spark plugs

Just caught wind that DNR has changed our work party schedule---instead of both weekends they want us up there the 20/21st:mad: Of course I have to work that Sat, AND my daughter's 5th B-day is also on the 20th!!:cheer: Not missin this for the world...
We have a meeting tonight, and will update tomorrow. I know there's still a work party on the 13/14th, will find out what's up/ let ya'll know once I do...:awesomework:

Update---
Apparently there was a mis-communication on just when the dates are; spoke with Alyse today, who spoke with Jim earlier, and the deal is the two weekend dates were 'tentative' dates and that he received the most positive responses for the latter of the two weekends (20/21st);SO, for those planning to attend the 13/14th weekend, I AM SORRY!!! If you still want to show up, there's an Assessment Run planned for Sunday the 14th; Gonna run the trails and make notes on areas that need work....some light repair work will be done if time allows. The new logged area on lower mainline IS opened up again but needs attention,so the focus will be there....Thanks again for anyone that would like to show up for the 20/21st That'd be great!!!